Hi Bryan,

We have been left in the dark now for a long time without any details of the new product provided. Now that GSX 2 has been announced, the separation/overlap of these two products is no clearer.

If you do not wish yet to give much detail, let alone delivery dates, could you give us at least an outline of what are the objectives of this product?

Living in great expectation of UGCX😃

Kind regards. Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Now that GSX has announced animated passenger boarding and SODE jetways in GSX2 I don’t think UGCX can compete unless they add these features or something similar. 

They annouced UGCX ages and ages ago with hardly any updates, it’s a shame because this would of gone into their favour if they pushed the development more as GSX was kind of outdated. 

It be interesting to see what they come out with. 

• Upvote 2

I think UCGX would focus on realistic pushback and ground crew operations. For me that is much more valuable than any animated passengers. 

• Like 2

Indeed and if they implement some kind of voice interaction then I'm sure it would be a hit! An update or video would be really nice. But I understand. 

3 hours ago, Falconfly said:

Indeed and if they implement some kind of voice interaction then I'm sure it would be a hit! An update or video would be really nice. But I understand. 

Bingo.

4 hours ago, mikealpha said:

I think UCGX would focus on realistic pushback and ground crew operations. For me that is much more valuable than any animated passengers. 

Bingo.

Posted (edited)

Bryan, 

So how is this project going along? I mean this has been going on for a long time and there seem to be no updates at all, just the usual responds of WIP. It's been 4 years since the announcement and 1.5 years since the last update.

Thanks

Edited by TrentXWB

I personally am glad that the other FS2Crew products did NOT take a back seat to UGCX. 

All one has to do is look at the FS2Crew homepage and see all that has been happening. https://www.fs2crew.com

Impressive communication skills Bryan - Bingo !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

All I can say is all major technical hurdles appear to have been solved.

I know it's been a long process, but I didn't feel comfortable releasing it in a previous state.  So large chunks had to be thrown out and re-done because I didn't like what I saw.

It's been frustrating for me too, but I can't release something that is not as reasonably perfect as I can make it.

I know you guys will be analyzing the thing with a microscope!

I think we're almost there now, but I won't commit to any dates.

Cheers,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

If you do not wish yet to give much detail, let alone delivery dates, could you give us at least an outline of what are the objectives of this product?

🕚

9 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

🕚

Objectives:

• Realistic Pushback and Tow (Voice and Menu Control)
  • Ground Marshalling
  • Custom pushback routes
  • Follow Me Car / Fire Trucks
  • Animated ground crew.
  • Multi Language support (ie., speak in native German, not English.  May or may not make V1.0.)

Cheers,

• Like 3

Thanks for the update, Bryan. I know it can be frustrating for you when a project has to be put back constantly. It's better to not waste peoples money and take time. Even if it is 4 years :D

That's correct.  The flight simmers are a tough crowd, and we wont release it until I'm satisfied that you'll be happy.

and so should do every game developer.

No need for buggy or unfinished products

34 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi Bryan,

Will there be any functions available for the PMDG B748?

Hi Richard,

Like what?

On 9/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, byork said:

It'll have the pushback crew 🙂

Can it be used alongside GSX? E.g., using GSX for the baggage/pax loading and UGCX for pushback? 

Yes, anticipate people will use UGCX for the pushback and other features.  GSX you can use for the catering trucks, etc.

Cheers,