Sign in to follow this  
Jonahbird

Config settings have disappeared

Without any warning, these settings have disappeared.  Apart from a failed Widows 10 update, I cannot think what could have caused this.

My efforts to reset are met with nothing being recognised, so the drop downs offer nothing.  Oddly, when I set up a flight there is interaction, including my calls and the co-pilots read backs - and on into the flight.  This is happening despite there being no voices showing in the config.  They are my old settings.  It was because I wanted to change some voices that I noticed there were no details in the config.

I have version 2503_x64 installed. Should I uninstall and start again?

Regards

Frank Jones

Config settings are saved in a file names AppConfig.xml.  If this file was corrupted or destroyed, or if access to it was prevented by the change in Windows, you would lose your settings.

The AppConfig.xml file is located at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.

If you think it may be corrupt, you can delete it and P2A will build a new one.  You'll then have to reset your settings, but the good news is, they'll be saved this time.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  Since my note, I have been looking around and found my way to the Roaming folder.  Also, I re-read your Guide - page 12. I concluded that this was the way to go, but to be sure I waited for your response.  I am going to do that next.

BTW I noticed that there are 4 folders in the Roaming folder.  P2A-200 seems to contain the base data and is therefore important.  But I also have folders - Pilot2ATC; Pilot2ATC-200 & Pilot2ATC-2018.  All of them contain various empty folders with names relating to previous versions e.g. 2.5.0.0.  Can these be deleted?

Regards

Frank Jones

Thanks Dave.  I now have all dropdowns live again. 

So all I have to do now is go through the 'config', and reconfigure everything😒

Microsoft's updating is a nuisance. Especially as it hasn't achieved it on the machine which runs P2A, among others serving P3D4.  My Jetmax setup has two dedicated computers, and the one running P3D was successfully upgraded by Microsoft some weeks ago.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi Dave

I have hit a snag.  Been there before, but my notes are not helping me.

When I get to Joystick button set, I find the number -1.  Clear, Set and other efforts will not let me change this. I thought I would check in the ASCII codes, but no such numbers exist.  Before I had 42 which was for keyboard press #.

Can you help, please?

Regards

Frank Jones

If you want to set a keyboard press, then set the Hot Key, not the Joystick button.

To set the Joystick, you press the Set button in the Joystick area and a separate dialog appears.  In that dialog, you select the Joystick you want from the dropdown and then press the button you want on the Joystick and its number shows up in the Button Number box.

Dave

Hi Dave

I did try those things but had no luck.  The dropdown for Joystick only shows mouse or keyboard. My Joystick is an Agronn, and is connected to the P3D computer.

Regards

Frank Jones

If a device is not connected the computer that P2A is running on, then P2A cannot see it.

If you are setting up a networked connection then you need to follow the guidance in the User's Guide on Networked Connections to set up the PTT.

Dave

Sorry Dave.  I should have remembered that.  I've re-read it and followed the instructions, and all is now well.

I see there is an update.  I must be careful when installing that.

Regards

Frank Jones