Sign in to follow this  
captjames

JustFlight Announce Boeing 747-100 Development

Great announcement posted by JustFlight on their Facebook page and at Expo!

However I just cant help but think it'll be like 100% of their other airlines....looks good, sounds good but lacks depth and realism.

The 747 Classic family is what we all want, and so I hope they do it the justice she deserves!!!

https://www.facebook.com/justflight/

1 hour ago, captjames said:

However I just cant help but think it'll be like 100% of their other airlines....looks good, sounds good but lacks depth and realism.

We have to consider that in many cases, it's either their mid-level complexity treatment of something, or no attempt at it by any developer at all because not enough people will pay the price necessary to make it viable for an airliner of that type to be developed to a really complex level, and I would rather have a mid-level DH Comet, than no Comet at all, if that is the only feasible possibility owing to the realities of viable products.

With that in mind, I am grateful that they at least do cover some more obscure classics that I want in my virtual hangar, which without their attempt at it, simply wouldn't be available at all. Let's face it, PMDG and FSL are not exactly lining up to create a deHavilland Dove or a Sud Aviation Caravelle for P3D V4, they're too busy going for the sure-fire hits of the 737 and A320 which warrant spending four years on developing them and the cost of hiring the staff necessary to do that, but Just Flight have taken on the VC-10, BAC 1-11, DC-8, L-1011, DC-4, DC-3, Connie, Comet, HS.748 etc, and now the 747-100/200. It's what they do, and it deserves some praise, because if it was easy, other developers would be doing it too.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Very good points raised, Alan. Good to see you back.

4 hours ago, captjames said:

I just cant help but think it'll be like 100% of their other airlines....looks good, sounds good but lacks depth and realism.

Reading the FB post you linked I can see the following exchange of words:
Someone: Will this be a simplified or study level sim? Hope the 2nd option
Justflight: We’ll be going with option 2
So, it looks promising, doesn't it?