smoothchat

What's the latest news on FlightSimStore?

They are not responding to emails, not answering their phones, not replying to messages on their facebook page !!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Think it's a dead duck to be honest, I bought the NextGen Cessna CJ4 from there and was trying to re-download it, but my log in does work on their web page, I emailed them about it, got an automated reply, tried again a week later, got the same automated reply, did a ticket on their website and tried to contact them on Facebook via messaging and got an automated reply message which said: Hi, please allow a few moments for us to get back to you. Shouldn't be too long. That was about a week ago (so it's not my idea of 'shouldn't be too long').

Still no response to date, so it's clearly not good and I think my purchase of that CJ4 is one I'll have to make again. annoying, but there ya go.

Edited by Chock

Hmm, I gave them $277 last week to purchase a VRInsight panel. 

Luckily I paid with PayPal.  

With no communication coming from them, I can't check the status of my order to check whether it's been shipped or not.

If I don't see it within a week, I might have to pull the plug on that payment.

I'd cancel that payment if I were you. Better to have to re-order than to lose the money.

I am having the same problem. Ordered a download from them on the basis have dealt with them since 2011. Download is showing as 'locked' and no communication at all. Have made three attempts so far.

Are they still in business?

Terry

I just went over there.  They have a notice at the top of the screen saying they are in the process of moving files to a new server.

I tried to download one of the products I previously purchased.  I got a message the file could not be found.

I went further down the list to an earlier purchase and was able to download it successfully.

For what it's worth they seem to be moving files from one server to another and some have been moved and others have not yet been moved.  Don't know why the wouldn't communicate though.

Noel 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, birdguy said:

I just went over there.  They have a notice at the top of the screen saying they are in the process of moving files to a new server.

That notice has been there for a month and a half or so already. FSS has been my go to store for a lot of years but they way things are going now I'll be shopping elsewhere. FSFiles, where I uploaded almost all my screenshots, has gone down at the same time and still isn't up. Something is going wrong down under and that isn't good for business. Being offline for a few hours is bad already, being offline for more than a month is totally killing. Hopefully my downloads will be available whenever I need them...

Edited by J van E

I am just getting my files and registration backed up from them.  I do most of the buying from simmarket and individual stores from the content creator anyway.  I feel bad for them ever since Orbx went their own way.  Orbx was the big seller item before.  Things change....

I hope they do stay around as I have gave them big chunks of my business (shopping) with them.

I guess I'm just lucky. I can download anything I've ever ordered from FSS (except the FTX stuff which has been transferred). Strange things these computers..........Doug

Bit unprofessional not to be up front though. You are either still in business or your not. Like being in the middle of a receivership.

What happened when they were transferring files, HDD failed and thought "Stuff it, we are out of here" !!.

I just went over there. They say most files have been transferred to the new server and if you are having a problem go to their Facebook page. I tried to download some of my purchases and was successful. Maybe their problems are about over.

Bill W

What I find even more disturbing is they add new titles with a very slow pace, say a couple a month. This is not competitive and doesn't produce any noticeable income. Given there is cost for server, support etc. this a certain way South.

I say this as someone having bought quite an amout of titles (including REX stuff) from them.

Kind regards, Michael

Historically, I have bought a lot of products from FSS. I had always regarded FSS as having a good up-to-date product range at competitive prices. However, I have not bought anything from there this year.

I agree with Michael about the pace of the product range etc currently.

FSS Twitter provides a good indication of the rate of listing new products. The five most recent "Latest Products in Store" on the website are shown on the Twitter posts as having been listed in May for four of them and one in April (beyond that were products listed in March). The store's computer problems would have been a big distraction which may explain the limited new listings in recent months but the scenario with Specials appears to be consistent with that of the new listings. There are 33 Specials. From recollection, I believe that the majority of them have been Specials for about the past year.

Last week, I needed to download the latest version of the Aerosoft CRJ which I had originally purchased last Septermber. With the problems of recent months, I was not overly confident that the most recent version would be there and that I would be able to download it. Happily, it all went without a hitch.

Gary

I've given up trying to log onto their store, they ignored all my efforts to contact them. It's annoying because there are a few things I have bought offf them which I wanted to install, but in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, however, they can forget any idea of me ever buying anything else off them if they do ever get their online store and accounts log on system sorted.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I've given up trying to log onto their store, they ignored all my efforts to contact them. It's annoying because there are a few things I have bought offf them which I wanted to install, but in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, however, they can forget any idea of me ever buying anything else off them if they do ever get their online store and accounts log on system sorted.

Just checked out of curiosity as their website looked normal and I appear to be able to log on to my account in their store without any problem! I also downloaded one of my previous purchases without any issues.

Bill

Posted (edited)

Well, it's still no joy for me. Their website header says contact them on facebook, I sent a message via there on June 10th (plus several emails too) and got this automated reply: Hi, please allow a few moments for us to get back to you. Shouldn't be too long.   That is very poor service.  'Shouldn't be too long' is not 16 days with no reply whatsoever other than some automated platitude. Rude is what I call it.

Edited by Chock

I had no problems too but wish they would bring back fsfiles.org.  The site looks great.  I did see the warning at the top of my downloads that the download may not be available and to let them know on the facebook page if there is a problem. I don't have a Facebook but looking at the 17 products I purchased over the years at this store, I do not need to download any.  I also have them all backed up.  A requirement for facebook is not a good idea IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

A requirement for facebook is not a good idea IMHO.

Agree 100%.
Most of my purchases there are no longer compatible with P3D anyway or backed up. All future purchases are now directly from the vendor in most cases. Getting future updates from the vendor is quicker than waiting for the reseller to upload. I learned that with the switch to P3D4.

I couldn't agree more Jim. Using Facebook is a terrible idea............Doug

40 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I couldn't agree more Jim. Using Facebook is a terrible idea............Doug

+1  No Faceplant here, either:happy:

• Like 2

I've had no issues with them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jim Young said:

A requirement for facebook is not a good idea IMHO.

Agreed as well, Facebook should never be a customer requirement for support

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Personally I do think he is honest and they are server problems.  However I have made my last purchase there because of his communications or lack thereof.  eg when I posted on facebook that it could help to communicate what was going on to save rumors on forums he replied he did not care much about them.  Forums are just groups of customers or potential ones.  I used him because I could do a direct AU payment with no conversion charges. The saving is not worth the grief,

Sad because he has been around a long time in flight simming.

Edited by harrry

Understand that Jay Kae's servers were hacked. Remember OzX ?  Also understand that some one in his family has a severe health problem right now, and that has priority. He has the FSS servers switched and running at least. The freebies can wait. Family comes first.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We as customers are not mindreaders.  There were no mentions of this or his future plans in any of his communications.  I hope the health problems solve.  There are no freebies though I still have files I cannot access..  We have paid for these.  The question is whether it is safe to do so in the future.

Edited by harrry