Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

Good news. Not sure it's just the Citation though. I've been having issues with the b1900 also catching the GS. Catches it, shows on the HSI but nose dives below the GS path? Heck, it may be me but been using it for 100's of flights.

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

Good news. Not sure it's just the Citation though. I've been having issues with the b1900 also catching the GS. Catches it, shows on the HSI but nose dives below the GS path? Heck, it may be me but been using it for 100's of flights.

I would suggest you open a ticket with Carenado...who knows..maybe they are working on that one as well.   https://carenado.zendesk.com

12 minutes ago, ibgregr said:

I would suggest you open a ticket with Carenado...who knows..maybe they are working on that one as well.   https://carenado.zendesk.com

Done. Still testing as been having a few issues with the FS version also.

Edited by Adrian123

Yes indeed we are preparing a point update right now to correct missing commands in both GNS V2 and GTN. It is a bug introduced in our latest releases and we've been working a quite late with Carenado yesterday about this.

@Adrian123 let me finalize this point release and I'll get back to you later about the 'guidance' issues you're reporting.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just got the s550 and loaded it up for the first time today. I was confused I couldn't get the LPV glideslope to capture but ILS was working great. Extra weird that it works well on the PC-12. Check the forum and this! AWESOME. Just downloaded update and trying it out

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

19 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Is... "2.5.12.0" the latest release now?

yes, and lpv is still not capturing with the s550 ... Bummer

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

v2.5.12.0 is current. Next one is still being worked on.

The more reports we are getting on the forum, the more we refactor some of the autopilot reported issues.

Please note there are certainly some autopilot issues which may be solely dependant on the aircraft and for which we have no control. However, in preparing the 'point' update we've found out a number of edge-cases which can sensibly affect the autopilot logic coupling.

This is why it takes a little longer than expected because there are so many flights to do to validate, and each flight takes some time from start to landing...

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, golfpilot said:

yes, and lpv is still not capturing with the s550 ... Bummer

Until it's officially fixed you can do this:

1. Load flight
2. Load FlightPlan into GTN750
3. Turn on Autopilot and press NAV...if it goes to ON then you are good to go
4. If it goes to ARM then Disable the GTN plugin (not just the instrument but the entire plugin) from the Plugins Menu
5. Go to Flight Setup. Click on Change Location (but dont change location) and click Start Flight
6. Enable the GTN Plugin from the Plugins menu
7. Load Flightplan into GTN750
8. Turn on Autopilot and press NAV.  You should get the ON indication now.  If so you can turn off Autopilot for now and start your flight. Everything should work correctly.

21 minutes ago, RXP said:

v2.5.12.0 is current. Next one is still being worked on.

The more reports we are getting on the forum, the more we refactor some of the autopilot reported issues.

Please note there are certainly some autopilot issues which may be solely dependant on the aircraft and for which we have no control. However, in preparing the 'point' update we've found out a number of edge-cases which can sensibly affect the autopilot logic coupling.

This is why it takes a little longer than expected because there are so many flights to do to validate, and each flight takes some time from start to landing...

I'm happy to hear that Reality XP is working directly with Carenado on this.  Or at least that's what it sounded like you were saying a bit earlier????

4 hours ago, ibgregr said:

I'm happy to hear that Reality XP is working directly with Carenado on this.  Or at least that's what it sounded like you were saying a bit earlier????

I do appreciate the effort Reality XP and Carenado is making. Thank you for the temporary fix. I've just been following the glideslope with the VS tab, not real difficult to do, just as accurate!

Edited by golfpilot

Hi,

thank you for your understanding!

We've just released GTN v2.5.13 which might prove to further help with the autopilot (or not). Just let me know how it goes this time!

11 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

thank you for your understanding!

We've just released GTN v2.5.13 which might prove to further help with the autopilot (or not). Just let me know how it goes this time!

Just installed this update. Will get back in a couple hours if it worked or not. I really appreciate your guy's fast response in trying to resolve these issues. It might be on Carenado's end but you guys keep trying and its really awesome!

Just installed the new update with the carenado citation and the gtn750 xplane. STILL THE SAME. Nav will not go to On and stays Armed until you disable gtn750 and then re-enable it.

SJED

Thank you for your kind words and enduring patience. We're actively working with Carenado indeed and I'm trying to setup a similar setup with the same aircraft to further track this down.