Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

Thank you Jean-Luc. Whatever you're doing does seem to be improving. I used to have to reset xplane to get gtn750 to work. Now it's just a matter of #1. start xplane and gtn750, #2 imput at least starting point and 1st fix in flightplan #3 Make sure CDI is on GPS #4 Hit the NAV button on autopilot. If it comes up ARM then GTN won't work right. If it comes up ON then everything works OK. If it comes up ARM, then I just have to disable the GTN750 and re-enable it and this has worked for me 100% of the time. I'm sure you'll get it. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

SJED

2 hours ago, sjed said:

Thank you Jean-Luc. Whatever you're doing does seem to be improving. I used to have to reset xplane to get gtn750 to work. Now it's just a matter of #1. start xplane and gtn750, #2 imput at least starting point and 1st fix in flightplan #3 Make sure CDI is on GPS #4 Hit the NAV button on autopilot. If it comes up ARM then GTN won't work right. If it comes up ON then everything works OK. If it comes up ARM, then I just have to disable the GTN750 and re-enable it and this has worked for me 100% of the time. I'm sure you'll get it. Keep up the good work.

This isn't working for me. I can't get it to work at all. No Nav mode for me. It sends info to the HSI but I can't get it out of ARM mode no matter what I do. 

Seems to be isolated to the S550. Works fine in the PC-12. I'm going to reinstall the S550 and see if that gives me any love

Edited by golfpilot

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

It works all the time for me.  When you disable the GTN750, are you going to the RealityXP plugin menu and disabling the gtn750 there?

SJED

2 hours ago, golfpilot said:

Seems to be isolated to the S550. Works fine in the PC-12. I'm going to reinstall the S550 and see if that gives me any love

Understand that the settings you choose in the RXP configuration menu are aircraft model specific, and that choices may need to vary based on the methods of design chosen by the XP airplane model developer. That is expressly why RXP defines so many of the changes as aircraft model specific. Know it may be frustrating, but try choosing different settings for the aircraft in question.  And solicit help from licensees of the same aircraft.  Avsim provides us with a fantastic user-to-user exchange.  Use it to the max, with reasonable filtering of responses! It pays off!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I wasn't been able to make any Carenado connect to the AP with 2.15.13.0.  By eliminating the following line in the RealityXP,GTN.ini per aircraft, they all work great now.

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_750_1----- (Eliminated this line.)

12 hours ago, fppilot said:

Understand that the settings you choose in the RXP configuration menu are aircraft model specific, and that choices may need to vary based on the methods of design chosen by the XP airplane model developer. That is expressly why RXP defines so many of the changes as aircraft model specific. Know it may be frustrating, but try choosing different settings for the aircraft in question.  And solicit help from licensees of the same aircraft.  Avsim provides us with a fantastic user-to-user exchange.  Use it to the max, with reasonable filtering of responses! It pays off!

Ok so everything works now. All I have to do is startup, disable the gtn as the master device, re enable it as the master device. I kept seeing people say they just disable and enable and I was processing that as remove it from the panel and put it back which wasn't working. 

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got the Carenado S340 for X-Plane.  It has the same exact issue as the Citation.  I have to go through the disable/restart flight/enable cycle for it to work properly.  I'm glad there's a workaround but this really needs to be fixed.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, Adrian123 said:

I wasn't been able to make any Carenado connect to the AP with 2.15.13.0.  By eliminating the following line in the RealityXP,GTN.ini per aircraft, they all work great now.

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_750_1----- (Eliminated this line.)

If I remove that line it gets put right back in there after I load the aircraft...and did not change any functionality for me.

I have the same problem with the plane PA28R Arrow III, it does not follow the route in GPS navigation mode.  I have tried several configurations in the options and I can not get it to work well.

The same thing happens to me with the Just Flight PA28R Arrow III, it does not follow the flight path in gps mode. I have tried to configure different parameters GTN 750 and it does not work. Sorry to repeat this message in another thread, but I see that I am not the only one who has this problem, I will uninstall GTN for the time being until it is resolved. 

18 hours ago, ibgregr said:

If I remove that line it gets put right back in there after I load the aircraft...and did not change any functionality for me.

There has been some discussion on this. Yes, it rewrites it. I apologies.

20 hours ago, ibgregr said:

Interesting! This line is modified by our plugin only when you select or unselect a GTN in the plugin menu. It tells the plugin which device to automatically open when you load the aircraft.

However if you change this while a GTN device is already open and change/reload aircraft, the plugin with update the file with the then already opened device so that the next time (which in case of reload is immediately after) the same aircraft opens with the same devices again.

This shouldn't have any impact whatsoever with the original topic, but I'll make sure this only gets updated to the ini file when there is a user action (menu) as I think it also saves this setting again when shutting down (i.e. closing a device) but I'm not sure though.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

None of my GTN 750 equipped aircraft are following the flight plan. Until a couple of days ago they were fine, now when I engage autopilot and Nav modes the planes just fly in a straight line, I cannot even select a direct to type waypoint. HDG works fine but Nav / GPS does nothing. Planes include Aerobask 550, Carenado Citation II and the new Carenado S340. 

Same here.  I updated the 750 and know the gps will not follow the flight plan at all.  What is going on lol.  Jerome