Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

All my planes are not following the GTN same problem as almost every one, but my even got brutally …. every time i open the GTN configuration xplane crashes, not matter witch plugging is on or off, i even took all plugging of (OF Course not the GTN plugging) didnt help … then i got some seconds to change the setting of the GTN plugging actually i dont know witch one i took off (sounds wierd but i just get some seconds before xplane crashes) then it works, then i copy the RealityXP.GTN.ini (the one working) and copy to all other planes, everything worked fine until i re start xplane, then everything went broke again … almost 4 days in this soap opera, really frustate 

Hey Jean-Luc....any progress been made on these issues?  Last I read is you were working with Carenado on it.  Hope you are making some good progress.

Thanks,
GregR

This problem of aircraft not following flight plan or approach or anything basically is really beginning to be a real pain in the #$@× . My limited time is taken up with workarounds which sometimes don't work then restarting flights etc etc and then i get fed up and shut everything down and walk away. Its a shame because when it works it's great.

I have the carenado f33a and the new saab 340 which are both great aircraft spoiled only by the rxp gtn 750. It must be a nightmare being a developer and faced with these glitches but when you are charging top dollar it grates when it just doesn't work.

Rant over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordong said:

This problem of aircraft not following flight plan or approach or anything basically is really beginning to be a real pain in the #$@× . My limited time is taken up with workarounds which sometimes don't work then restarting flights etc etc and then i get fed up and shut everything down and walk away. Its a shame because when it works it's great.

I have the carenado f33a and the new saab 340 which are both great aircraft spoiled only by the rxp gtn 750. It must be a nightmare being a developer and faced with these glitches but when you are charging top dollar it grates when it just doesn't work.

Rant over. 

I totally agree...the workarounds deter me from flying a lot of times just due to the frustrations...and never knowing if it actually will work.  And then when you get through the entire startup procedures and then realize you forgot to do the "fix" which then causes you to start totally over...totally sucks. 

My rant is over as well! 🙂

• Upvote 1

I had the same problem with the Carenado C208B A/C.
I had no chance to get A/C to follow the GTN 750 flightplan and it took me several days to find out why.

A view days before I bought and installed the X-Aviation LES Saab 340A.
This installation also included a Gismo installation.
On the right side of the screen I can open a little Gismo menu when I point my mouse on the side.
One of the menu entrys shows a lightning and says "RebootButton".
If I click that spot something happens for 1-2 seconds (sim stops) and immediately when the sim comes back, the A/C starts following the flightplan/flightpath of the GTN750.
This was for the Carenado C208B. Still no control of the LES Saab 340A with the GTN750. Maybe I am to stupid with the settings.

Maybe this hint may help you with your C208 Probs.

X-Plane Version: 11.31

I got gtn 750 to follow flight plan in the Carenado 340, yippeee. I create flight plan on the gtn, take off then engage heading mode and vertical speed and autopilot. I then engage nav mode but nothing happens, plane keeps following heading mode which is still activated on the autopilot as is nav mode.

I then bring the plug in drop down and open the rxp option, the gtn is marked as being master so i disable this, the plane continues to follow the heading. Do the same again but this time make the rxp gtn the master in the drop down. The plane then disengages heading mode and now follows the nav mode flight plan and any other approaches etc you put into the gtn.

It was mentioned by someone else in a topic and works great.

Hi,

It might not reassure you but believe me, I share the pain. We're yet to find exactly what could cause such diverse outcome but we are starting to narrow down the possibilities, thanks to your feedback in this thread and your feedback in other threads for things apparently unrelated but in fact probably connected to some extent.

We've probably found a hidden bug with the AFMS settings which has a cascading effect and could account for some of the problems. Also, we're wondering whether the way the aircraft loads makes the difference, that is are some of the internals properly 'reset'. In other words, whether you're starting X-Plane and fly directly with the aircraft, or you start with another one and then swap the aircraft. And if the latter, whether the 1st aircraft was GTN/GNS v2 equipped or not.

We will get to the bottom of this for sure and I'm sorry it takes time. This is just happening at the wrong time with XP11.3#.# a moving target every week nearly and its own dose of bugs, and some aircraft catching up along side our GTN/GNS V2.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks gordong!

Had same issue of gtn 750 not working on the Carendado Citation II however after using your tip about using the plug in drop down and a little bit of playing around, got it working again - GREAT!

• Upvote 1

I bind keys for master 1 and master 2 on "STRG + Shift + 1" and "2".

So I can quickly switch the master within seconds without open the plugin menu and it works fine.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it. I've got it working well now as mentioned above by sjed and golfpilot, disabling as master in the drop down then re enabling as master and it follows plan and any approach etc put in to gtn.

On one of the other topics a user has a key enabled to switch master 1 and 2 off and on, this would seem to be the quickest way to get up and running. I'm using touch controllers and have run out of buttons or i would do this. 

@gordong you can still map the command to a keyboard shortcut if no hardware button remains available.

Besides, I'll contact a few of you in this threads via PM for specific troubleshooting.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi

I also discover similar problem. But Im using X-plane 9.61 so I don think there is a reason to hunt a bug in XP 10 or 11. When activating and load approach or STAR, SID Ap does not capture/arm APP or NAV. It is flashing. When open GTN 750 menu (during flight) and change anything that need reeboot , then it works. Could it be that AP should be turned on with GTN 750 in OFF position, then cycle AP, then starting GTN 750? Im going to test that within comming days.I dont know if the GTN ini file is changing by it self?

I know this is not directly related to this topic but I am running the latest version of Reality XP GTN 750 and 650.  I just purchased the Carenado Saab 340 and the autopilot does not track the CDI course when selecting NAV when I start up a flight with the S340B.  Sometimes if I go into settings and uncheck master, sometimes uncheck connect GPS to HSI and autopilot and recheck them it starts working.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I'm having this issue only with the Saab 340 by Carenado.  I'll check out my other Carenado aircraft that have GTN 750 integration but so far they seem to be working OK.

same problem with my carenado bonanza f33a

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A