Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

Reality XP recently updated to a new release.  Since then I have been having issues with some of my aircraft.  When using the autopilot in NAV mode it will not intercept the course.  There have been posts regarding this issue and my aircraft manufacturer is aware of the issue and working with Reality XP on a solution.  In the mean time, is there any way to roll back this latest update so that I can use my aircraft again?  Just curious.

Hi,

the fix and the update is coming up, we're planning today in the next few hours, unless there is a last minute break.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

the fix and the update is coming up, we're planning today in the next few hours, unless there is a last minute break.

That sound great.  Looking forward to it!

Hi,

thank you all for your feedback and patience with this. v2.5.14 is now released!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I installed the update and still have the issue with my Carenado Saab 340.  Nothing has changed Unfortunately.  After takeoff, I engage the autopilot and select NAV.  Nothing happens.  I have to go into the reality xp plugin and unselect master and then go back and select master again for it to work.

I went back two version of Reality XP GTN 750 and 650, but still have the same problem with that version.  So I reinstalled the latest version again.  So here is what happens.  I start XP11, start a flight with the Carenado Saab 340 and load a flight plan.  Take off and engage the autopilot, it works on heading.  Switch to NAV and nothing happens.  I have to then uncheck Master in the Reality XP plugin.  Then NAV works.  I exit XP11 and restart it.  Go through the same procedures, same flight plan.  With autopilot engaged I go to NAV.  Nothing.  I go into the Reality XP plugin and see that Master is not checked.  I check Master, and then have to uncheck master and now NAV works.  So every flight, if master is uncheck I have to check it and then uncheck it to get NAV to work with the autopilot

Edited by jfwharton

Well, I have the latest xplane 11, gtn750 and Citation II. I've only had a chance to get 1 flight in before bedtime but it looks like it's working for the Citation. I was able to conduct an LPV approach into KPDX with no problems and I didn't have to go through the workaround to get it working. Of course, I'll do some more approaches tomorrow to make sure the fix is consistent but it seems to be working for me now.

SJED

2 hours ago, sjed said:

Well, I have the latest xplane 11, gtn750 and Citation II. I've only had a chance to get 1 flight in before bedtime but it looks like it's working for the Citation. I was able to conduct an LPV approach into KPDX with no problems and I didn't have to go through the workaround to get it working. Of course, I'll do some more approaches tomorrow to make sure the fix is consistent but it seems to be working for me now.

So looks like the fix is for flying RNAV approaches but not for the NAV mode not connecting to the autopilot.  I have the Citation II S550 and have the issue with that and the Saab 340.

7 hours ago, jfwharton said:

flying RNAV approaches but not for the NAV mode not connecting to the autopilot

Hi, v2.5.14 includes fixes to both: the NAV ARM mode not engaging to ON (as reported with some Carenado aircraft) as well as the vertical guidance not working or engaging correctly. More to this, we've specially tested this with the Carenado Citation II and Saab 340 ?!?!

NAV is back working for me in the Saab with the Reality XP v2.5.14 update, no need to do the default GPS / Reality GPS workaround anymore.

• Like 1

i7-4790K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, Win10

I just finished conducting 3 short flights with the Citation (only aircraft I have the GTN750 with). KRNT-KPDX LPV approach to 10L, KABQ Lorat KABQ LNAV+V approach 08 and KROA Monat KROA ILS approach to 34. The GTN750 worked for all the approaches and did fly the Navigation portion as it should. Thank you Jean-Luc and company. I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

SJED

Well I'll keep trying but not sure why it's not working on my Carenado Citation II S550 and Saab 340.

Update.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Carenado Saab 340 and S550 Citation II.  I tried several flights with each and still have the issue with the autopilot not responding when NAV is selected.  I still have to switch master on, then off to get the autopilot to track when in NAV.

Edited by jfwharton

I have the same issue as Gusmor.

XP11.32r2 using the latest GTN750 software and it will not follow the flightplan in NAV mode. Additionally if I try to update the settings it crashes X-Plane with no mention of the reason in the log.txt file.

I only updated Reality XP in the last couple of days and this is when it started not following.

This is very frustrating, particularly the crashing when trying to troubleshoot and adjust settings.

Please help.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by bennyh

@bennyh Hi, do you happen to run "reshade" or similar 'post-processing' application? This most likely is the reason it is crashing: this application is interfering with your video card and just fails on our window because it tries to interfere with any window and just fails.

Hi Jean-Luc thank you for the prompt response.

Yes I am. That explains that, thank you.

What about the GTN not following the flightpath in Nav modes? For me it is happening in all planes since updating GTN software.