Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

Today I tried uninstalling the Reality XP software and reinstalling it.  After starting XP 11.32 I tried the Carenado Saab and Citation II.  It worked.  I exited XP11 and restarted it.  Tried the Saab and Citation II again and the problem returned.  Had to uncheck master and then recheck it to get it to work.

When you say "it worked", did you actually do a flight to see if it worked or just put a route in and hit the nav button and got "armed" and not "on"?

• Like 1

SJED

I did a flight from LOWI to EDDM and it followed the flight route and also pickedup the ILS.

• Like 1

i7-4790K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, Win10

5 hours ago, sjed said:

When you say "it worked", did you actually do a flight to see if it worked or just put a route in and hit the nav button and got "armed" and not "on"?

I put in a flight plan. Took off, turned on the autopilot.  First selected heading, it followed heading, then selected NAV.  It responded in NAV and turned to intercept the course.  But after exiting XP11 and starting it again the next flight when I selected NAV it did not respond.  Only after unchecking master in the Reality XP plugin and then rechecking did the autopilot respond and turn to intercept the NAV course.

@jfwharton Can you please detail what steps you've done from desktop to in-cockpit for the first flight which was working, in other words how did you start and selected the aircraft the first time?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@jfwharton Can you please detail what steps you've done from desktop to in-cockpit for the first flight which was working, in other words how did you start and selected the aircraft the first time?

After downloading the latest installer, I uninstalled the Reality XP.  Then using the latest installer I installed it.  I then started XP11.32.  Selected New Flight, selected the Carenado Saab 340, KDEN position runway 34L, Start Flight.  Once the flight loaded with engines running, loaded a flight plan into the GTN 750 KDEN - KEGE.  Checked the Reality XP plugin and saw that GTN 750 1 and master device are selected.  After takeoff engaged autopilot.  GPS was already selected on the GTN 750.  Selected Heading and IAS.  Autopilot follows heading.  Selected NAV and the autopilot turned to intercept the course.  After a short time I ended the flight and started a new flight, same procedure selecting the Carenado Citation II.  Same procedure after takeoff.  Selected NAV and the autopilot turned to intercept the course.  The Reality XP plugin was the same with GTN 750 1 and master device selected.  I then exited XP11.  Started XP11 again, went through the same procedures but this time with GTN 750 1 and master device selected, after selecting NAV the autopilot did not respond.  I ended the flight and tried the other aircraft.  Same thing.  Now for each of those aircraft when I start a flight I have to uncheck master device, then engage NAV and see that it engages, then check master device again.  I have to do this every flight.  It only engaged properly the first time I tried flying these aircraft after installing the latest version of Reality XP.

29 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

but this time with GTN 750 1 and master device selected, after selecting NAV the autopilot did not respond. 

This is what is peculiar. Can you please detail/list all your XP11\Plugins folder?

Otherwise can you please do this:

1. Open a file explorer window to "XP11\Resources"
  2. Create a folder named "plugins.disabled"
  3. Open the "plugins" folder
  4. Move all subfolders found in the "plugins" folder into "plugins.disabled" except "PluginAdmin", "DataRefEditor" and "rxpGTN".  (NB: just move the folders, not the files found in "plugins")
  5. Try again the same flight tests and see if this makes a difference.
  6. Once done, you can move all the folders from "plugins.disabled" back into "plugins".

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I performed the steps you requested.  I did not have a datarefeditor editor folder in my plugins folder.  So I did the steps twice, once without the datarefeditor folder and then again with the one I downloaded from the xp11 developers site.  Same result, the issue still persists.  Here is a list of all of the plugins I have.

ASXPConnect
BetterPushback
ChaseViewDeluxe
DataRefEditor
FlyWithLua
Gizmo64.plugin
Little Xpconnect
PluginAdmin
rxpGTN
SkunkCraftsUpdater
TerraMaxx
WorldTraffic
WorldTrafficRadar
Xchecklist
xEnviro
XPLM.framework
XPUIPC
XPWidgets.framework

7 hours ago, bennyh said:

I am running 2.5.14 😞

Same for me here. Not following flight plan in GPS mode on any aircraft. 2.5.14

Edited by Gsuri

On 3/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, RXP said:

Do you mean even with the default B58 for example, with v2.5.14?

Not working with v2.5.14 too. 

Iam using the Carenado PC12 and GTN750, same problem, RNAV approach does not get the glide slope, did a lot of testing....ILS approach works good but RNAV approach dont. The NAV AP is working good! So whatg should i do now? i bought the RXP only because the pillatus. I need a support please.

6 hours ago, flyerbra said:

RNAV approach does not get the glide slope

The NAV AP is working good!

Hi, do you mean you have correct HNAV with the GTN in NAV mode? Can you please detail exactly what do you mean with "RNAV approach does not get the glide slope" ?

On a RNAV approach it's not working, as the topic Title says.  [removed - no need to YELL]

What else should i inform here ?

Iam flying in Nav mode, choose an approach RNAV for SBSV. the aircraft follows the vectors good but when intercept the first waypoint, on the correct altitude for that approach it does not follow the patch.

Edited by RXP