Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

You most likely are using a post-processing effect plugin (reshade?) and this plugin is too greedy trying to post process the Configuration Panel window. It is documented in the forum and we'll make sure to add a note about this in the User's Manual with the next update.

Yes, iam using reshade, there is a way to ope nthe settings in another way? or maybe should i take off the reshade? Also i had a chance to use the settings for 2 minutes and i got these options, the one you mentioned above is Auto update Simulator gps waypoints?

https://gyazo.com/8cd43bc0ee725a24ce631e0327a7c67a

@flyerbra yes this is the option. Was it enabled or did you manually enabled it? Because the freshly downloaded PC-12 we have doesn't enable this option and this makes me wonder?!?!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 minutes ago, RXP said:

@flyerbra yes this is the option. Was it enabled or did you manually enabled it? Because the freshly downloaded PC-12 we have doesn't enable this option and this makes me wonder?!?!

It was disabled i did enable myself but the game crashed before i click to apply, ill try again! the resahde thing is crashing when i open the settings 😞 even disabling the reshade with Scroll Lock key.

To all, I suggest we pursue test reports in the new discussion I've created for this purpose.

Please follow this link:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I did two RNAV approaches.  One at KBIL RNAV (GPS) Y RWY 28R.  This approach shows GP 3.00 degrees in the approach plate.  NAV worked well during the approach, having to select the altitude restrictions for each leg of the approach, 9000 initially and then 6000, manually descent during the approach.  From  6000 I select APR when turning on the final approach coarse.  The autopilot intercepted the glidepath and decended appropriately.  I then tried the RNAV RWY 10 at SBSV.  I flew the approach the same way I flew the RNAV at KBIL.  On this approach however when at the final approach fix on APR the autopilot did not engage a glide slope.  The aircraft had to be manually descended.  I checked in the GTN 750 for approach plates for SBSV and there were no approach plates available.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the aircraft not intercepting a glide path.  I checked approach plates for SBSV in another source and those indicated a 3.0 degree descent from the FAF but did not indicate a glide path.  So there may not be any and the approach altitudes have to be controlled manually.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I did two RNAV approaches.  One at KBIL RNAV (GPS) Y RWY 28R.  This approach shows GP 3.00 degrees in the approach plate.  NAV worked well during the approach, having to select the altitude restrictions for each leg of the approach, 9000 initially and then 6000, manually descent during the approach.  From  6000 I select APR when turning on the final approach coarse.  The autopilot intercepted the glidepath and decended appropriately.  I then tried the RNAV RWY 10 at SBSV.  I flew the approach the same way I flew the RNAV at KBIL.  On this approach however when at the final approach fix on APR the autopilot did not engage a glide slope.  The aircraft had to be manually descended.  I checked in the GTN 750 for approach plates for SBSV and there were no approach plates available.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the aircraft not intercepting a glide path.  I checked approach plates for SBSV in another source and those indicated a 3.0 degree descent from the FAF but did not indicate a glide path.  So there may not be any and the approach altitudes have to be controlled manually.

Thank you so much! I wonder why the Aerobask Eclipse that use a "Kind of GTN750" integrated does the glide path for SBSV and the Genuine Garmin one does not. May the Aerobask did something "special" that is not on real world thing? Thx Again, so, iam kinda happy that the approach is the problem, not the RXP GTN.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flyerbra said:

or maybe should i take off the reshade

exactly.

I installed an update (2.5.15.0) today.  It fixed the issue I was having with my Carenado S550 Citation II and Carenado Saab 340.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Hello all. I have read through this entire thread. I noticed one user had issues with the Bonanza F33. NAV mode does not work for me either and RNAV approaches don't capture GS. I am on xplane 11.32r2 and the latest GTN software. I am using the REP version. Thoughts?

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled. 

16 hours ago, ICSimulations said:

Hello all. I have read through this entire thread. I noticed one user had issues with the Bonanza F33. NAV mode does not work for me either and RNAV approaches don't capture GS. I am on xplane 11.32r2 and the latest GTN software. I am using the REP version. Thoughts?

And Master Device is GTN 750 #1?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes sir. I also turned off the GTN750 plugin off and back on. I also selected master device off and back on. Somtimes when I cycle the CDI from VLOC to GPS it works and NAV ARM goes to NAV CPLD. I have noticed the GPS/NAV PUSH to SWITCH button flashes on and off quickly and the HSI flashes really quick. It does not show the change.

Edited by ICSimulations

Hi,

please make sure to download and install the latest v2.5.16 just released a few minutes ago and let us know how this one works.

It seems to be working now. The only thing I notice is the GTN750 turns on when I turn on the Alternator prior to the Master Avionics Switch being turned on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICSimulations said:

The only thing I notice is the GTN750 turns on when I turn on the Alternator prior to the Master Avionics Switch being turned on.

Thank you for the feedback. This is because what used to be the default power source (Avionics On) has changed to 'Automatic'.

Like indicated in the release notes, Automatic uses the same electrical bus as the one the aircraft is using for the default X-Plane GPS. This is a better default for two reasons: most likely the aircraft is already configured with the default GPS in mind, otherwise, the GTN/GNS V2 will be using Bus#1 anyhow, and the 'avionics_on' dataref may tell the plugin it is ON even though there is no current on the buses. (Note: I'm talking about the dataref supposedly indicating whether there is current, not the dataref indicating whether the switch is ON).

You may want to change the Power Source setting and adapt this to your preferences?

Bought GTN 750/650 during the sale this weekend, based on my positive and reliable experiences with the GNS+FSX. Just getting into XP11. Am using these in the REP Cessna 172. GTN failed to capture LPV on IMC approach. Pretty disappointing. The weird thing is I have repeated the scenario and seen a number of different variations... 

- The GS is seen, but AP doesn't engage APR mode. I can follow down manually.

- The GS is never seen at all. 

-The GS is seen, but doesn't capture. I switched CDI from GPS to NAV and then back to GPS. This is the one and only time it ever worked. APR engaged and took the plane to decision height. 

-The next time I tried the above method, I completely lost both lateral and vertical GPS guidance. 

Edit:

-On a recent flight I think APR mode did engage, and the plane began to descend, but I never saw a GS indicator on the CDI. The GS bars stayed level with me from start to finish, GS indicating red flags, even though the plane was descending in APR mode. CDI works fine in ILS. 

I feel like I have seen every kind of error at this point.

The randomness of them is frustrating, and as I read through this long thread I am starting to get nervous. I hardly understand most of what is being said about the INI files and observing datarefs. I'm a beginner to XP11, and just wanted a comprehensive and reliable avionics system. 

Addons/plugins:

GTN750/650, ActiveSkyXP, REP for Cessna, Better Pushback. XP11/RXP most recent builds. Only been flying in XP11 for about a week.  

Edited by BeechPapa