Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

@BeechPapa Hi, I'm sorry for the unexpected out-the-box experience. Can you please try again using the default Baron 58 and let me know how it goes?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc, I will test it out later today on the default Baron. Is there a way to quickly install the GTN as a popup gauge rather than in the VC? I am very unfamiliar with the process of VC installation, and used a pre-existing mod for the Cessna. 

@BeechPapa It can't be simpler:

Select a device, the popup window appears.

If not then 'Show Window' and eventually 'Reset Window' (see RXP GTN User's Manual p4. )

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you for the instructions. I appreciate the kind support you've been providing to everyone, including me. The Baron flew the approach beautifully. It was my first truly satisfying landing in XP11. It appears there is a problem with one of my Cessna mods/addons then. I removed REP temporarily, and the problem in the Cessna still persists, so I think it must have something to do with this mod:

Do you mind looking at the ini file and telling me if anything looks obviously wrong? I know this is not your responsibility, and freeware mods can be unreliable, but would appreciate your knowledgeable input. The current ini values are in this post:

I have since attempted to use the GTN750 in the bone-stock Cessna as a 2D panel, and have encountered the same problem. It seems this is related to how the GTN750 interacts with the Cessna's avionics. I have attached a screenshot of the RNAV GPS 21 approach into KSMO, the plane is well beyond slope intercept point at MOVVE as I maintain 3,000ft. There is no GS indicator on the course deviation indicator, and I believe I have set the rest of the equipment up correctly. I have been able to use the default GNS530 for the same LPV successfully, and the only consistent variable that introduces the failure is the GTN unit. 

Cessna-GTNproblem.jpg

@BeechPapa Hi, have you enabled "Connect GPS to VOR1 Indicator"? Although not displaying the deviation was it capable of flying the approach if coupled with the A/P?

Hi Jean-Luc, 

I enabled "Connect GPS to VOR1" and that seems to have done the trick. I was able to pick up the glideslope on CDI and AP was able to follow it in APR mode. Thank you for the help, looking forward to my adventures in the C172. 

• Like 1