Sign in to follow this  
SimPilotNL

GTN750 not picking up GS on RNAV/LPV approach (resolved)

Same here, now FlyJSim 727 V3 and 732 V3 follow route only if try insert some route to default FMS. I think its after RXP update to newest version. 

Hi, can you please all confirm which X-Plane version you are running?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc. I am using Xplane 11.32r2. RXPGTN 2.5.13

Edited by Adrian123

Thank you Adriana. Do you have by any chance an older version of X-Plane like 11.26 to compare?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'm sorry, the only backup I have is 11.32 r1. perhaps others will?

-I lied,, I have 11.26r1 on a BU HDD.. Will try installing the GTN in that,

-It's as Virgin as one can get!

- 11.26. The GTN was able to follow the flight plan now using the autopilot. The RNAV/ LPV approach worked perfect also. Default King Air and Baron.

Even tried the Carenado C208 and all worked perfect with 11.26. Bout ready to ditch Xplane anyway. cant keep messing with it!

Edited by Adrian123

Thank you for this. If not due to another plugin you would have in XP11.32r2 and not in 11.26r1, this might just be because they are still working on 11.32 and there seems to remain known bugs in X-Plane at this stage, some seem to even be related to the 'navigation' API.

What it weird is that since XP11.30 there seems to be mixed results with the autopilot while on our tests during development and testing there is none. This really makes me wonder if there are something a little bit more 'common' to most users, like SASL, which is interfering, because fundamentally we've not changed much in regard to 'overriding' the GPS since our first version.

Edited by RXP

Same here, do not follow the flight route ... this is in version XP11.31, the plane is the Just Flight PA28R Arrow III.
I think the developer should review his last update and solve this problem.

Iam using 11.32r2, si I was thinking it´s due to beta, so I ve downgrade to 11.31 which is stable now and problem was still here 🙂 Another plugins are X-IVAP, GroundHandling, autosave, BetterPushback, SimVim and RXP GTN 750/650 and GNS 430, thats all 🙂 

If I recall, and I have been using it since it's introduction, I really didn't have any issues with the GTN until the version that added the AFSM?

15 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Bout ready to ditch Xplane anyway. cant keep messing with it!

By this I was referring to They being Xplane.

I believe I may i have solved my problem by simply disabling "Connect GPS to VOR". Done 10 test flights now with no problem. Default and Carenado.

Edited by Adrian123

@Adrian123 this is interesting. Please note:

• Connect GPS to VOR just tells the GTN to override the 'NAV#' datarefs.
  • Connect GPS to HSI tells the GTN to override the 'HSI' datarefs (which are in fact gps_hdev, gps_vdev and the few other associated).
  • Should an autopilot is looking a little too closely to the NAV datarefs for its normal operation then connecting the GPS to the VOR will influence the autopilot operation. Although we're taking care to override the datarefs with what a signal from the GPS is looking like for the VOR indicator, there could be some values/states which are a little too far-away from what the 3rd party aircraft vendor is assuming.
  • However, this shouldn't explain why this option fails a default aircraft like the Baron 58.

Having said this, the AFMS options are not influencing much of all this, except when you select the V-Flag declutter option which effectively send different kind of signals to the datarefs depending.

You can monitor what is happening behind the scene in the following way:

• With X-Plane open dataref editor and watch the various HSI, NAV, GPS datarefs and whether they agree. Especially cross-check the 'override_gps' and 'override_nav#_needles' datarefs for not being reset to 0 or switching back and forth between 0 and 1 (which would indicate another plugin or the aircraft is fighting over these datarefs against the GTN).
  • With FltSim our latest versions install an XML gauge to help monitoring the simvars the GTN and GNS V2 override as well as to display the GTN/GNS V2 own published simvars. It installs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\".

44 minutes ago, RXP said:

With X-Plane open dataref editor and watch the various HSI, NAV, GPS datarefs and whether they agree. Especially cross-check the 'override_gps' and 'override_nav#_needles' datarefs for not being reset to 0 or switching back and forth between 0 and 1 (which would indicate another plugin or the aircraft is fighting over these datarefs against the GTN).

Checked this using datareftools. All is nominal.

Further to this tracking problem when I click on the settings menu nothing happens, I don't see the drop down menu at all. Would a reinstall help?