Sign in to follow this  
Guest-475

Alpilotx (Andras Fabian) says goodbye

I wasn't expecting that! When I read the title, my first thought was that he was moving to P3D. 🙂 I think such a big news deserves to be in the main XP forum.

He's been one of the most important contributor to the XP community, and he played a part in the success that XP is enjoying today. Thank you Andras, and good luck for your life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Wow! What a message!

I think we will find out what this means only in a couple of months or even years. Thank you very much, Andreas, for all that you did for our hobby!

All the best for the future!

DocBird 

P.S. I think that if all of us who enjoy your work would donate (only) 10 Euro or Dollars (well worth 50 or more) you could enjoy a drink or two 😏.

Edited by DocBird

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

What a great message,  i wish him the best sounds like a great person

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Alpilot and Tonywob absolutely define just how hi-fidelity freeware can be, when there are people prepared to commit to staggering amounts of work, given freely to their community.

I wish Andras the very best for the future, and a huge THANKS!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I've moved this to the main forum.

This is very sad news but after spending so much time developing lately I can understand completely the need to just step away. I hope Andras will still chime in now and then, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to thank him for all the work he's done over the years.

• Like 1

Andras, just a big THANK YOU! for your invaluable contribution. Flightsimming since 1984 (subLOGIC's time) I tried all versions of X-Plane (and always expected the next one to become the big thing). Now switched from P3D to  XP, and I'd probably never changed without your addons. Really I love it more than my complete ORBX portfolio and will stay with it. My best wishes for all your (maybe less PC-bound) years to come .

Fritz

Andras, a big "Vielen Dank!" for all those countless hours spent on improving our beloved simulator. I enjoyed every new iteration of your mesh and it also helped my efforts of scenery development tremendously, as usually those meshes showed streets at a much higher fidelity and accuracy than the default global scenery.

I can understand your step - I have taken similiar ones in my past, I still remember me going "cold turkey" on EVE online when my first child was born...

Anyway, good luck for the future and stick around!

Cheers, Jan

I read his goodbye earlier and didn't have the heart to spread the news.

Although I fully understand and respect his choice, I can't help but thinking this is sad news for the community.
His contribution to X-Plane has been enormous and will count for the years to come. I'm into geographic software myself, and his website has been an amazing resource.

Andras's work mainly on free software is also the main reason we have a Linux version of X-Plane.

Andras, Thanks a lot for everything you've done. For the inspiration. For the world.
Thanks to Albert Laubi as well, although I hope he continues his excellent work on the textures.
Thanks for letting the email link alive, you probably don't remember, but I still have a few things I promised to show you about the tiling shader.

Cheers,

Pascal

Thank you alpilot for all your great work!!! Much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!

Jozeff

A Very Big Thank You! to Andras for he's dedication to making X-Plane what it is today, together with the work of others like our AVSIM / W2XP Tony.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

A very big and sincere THANK YOU! 

All the best and good luck for your future!

Nicholas

Thank you Andras for all your work.  I for one would not have used XP10 and now XP11 without your mesh.  Best of luck in your future endeavor.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thank you so much for all your contributions Andras. Good luck in the future with whatever you do.

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

I've moved this to the main forum.

This is very sad news but after spending so much time developing lately I can understand completely the need to just step away. I hope Andras will still chime in now and then, and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to thank him for all the work he's done over the years.

I wish him all the best life has to offer...my take (wink-wink-nudge-nudge) is that he just looked at his latest lottery ticket...checked the numbers...and now, his interests lay elsewhere! 🙂  Hey, Andras...I hope my little joke actually holds some truth!!! 🙂

Thank you for all your time and contributions to the hobby.  I see your work, each and every time I  take one 'up there'....

"Over 'n out"....and cheers!

Edited by Sesquashtoo