Sign in to follow this  

Is there any way LNM can show ATZ (Aerodrome Traffic Zones) and MATZ (Military Aerodrome Traffic Zones) which would be useful when flying VFR.  I noticed what looks like a MATZ Zone around the airfield in Rob Ainscough video regarding AI problems.

Glen

Glen

Hi Glen,

can you show me an example? Screenshot? Maybe these zones are available on the Web as OpenAIR files.

I already take all what is available in the Navigraph database and compile it into LNM.

Alex

Alex

Do you have access to Plan-G, if you look at Blackbushe EGLK it has the standard 2 mile Radius ATZ and close by is a Military airfield Odiham EGVO with a MATZ with a 5 mile radius circle with an approach stub.  Airfields EGVP and EGDM also have MATZ airspaces.  Although not strictly required on Vatsim you should call the Military ATC and ask to cross this MATZ airspace, also its sometime required to tell ATC you are leaving the airfields ATZ.

Having these visible on LNM would make this much easier when fling VFR.

Glen

Glen

Frankly, I have no idea where to get these airspaces from. They are not part of the Navigraph database as far as I've seen.

I'll improve airspaces in the next major version 2.2. This should allow to load OpenAir and probably other formats and display them for all simulators.

Alex

Hi

in the latest stable LNM versione ATZ airspace are not yet visible

These airspace are really important as they overcome the limitations of CTR in the surrounding areas of an airport and they are defining the limit of responsibility of the infomation services provided for uncontrolled airports

Is there any available source to download them as user airspaces ?