Sign in to follow this  
mrrcflying

Shared frequency problems.

I have not purchased P2A yet, but am on my 3rd day of trial.  I like it so far, but have a very frustrating thing happening.  My local airport shares frequencies.  ATIS and ASOS share one.  Sometimes I hear ATIS, other times it thinks it is on ASOS.  Also Clearance Delivery and Ground share 121.90.  I request taxi, and get no response.  Switch over to tower, ask for clearance and it tells me ground is 121.90.  Switch back to 121.90, and do a general call to ground, and it comes back as Clearance.  When it thinks it is on Clearance, it will not respond to taxi request.

Any work around for this?  Set both radios to the same channel, and toggle?

Sure  thing.  KELM Elmira/Corning Regional.

I noticed that when I open P2A after the sim is running, that it seems to work correctly.  Tried twice, not sure if it was just a coincidence or if the order of start matters.

Also, for some reason, I can't contact Elmira departure or approach.  I just get no response no matter what I say.

I think this software is awesome, and do plan on purchasing it.  🙂

Andrew

Andrew,

Thanks.  I tried it out as well and had no problem with Clr-Gnd.  It may have just been a fluke when you had the problem the first time.  The order of starting the programs should not matter other than being sure the SIM is fully loaded before trying to Connect P2A to it using the Connect button.

I also had no trouble contacting App-Dep.  Since I was on the ground at the departure airport, it recognized my calls when I said "Departure, Honda One Victor Bravo" it told me to "....go ahead."  When I called it Approach, it told me to '...say again".  Either way I did get a response.

I tested again this morning, all was well.  ATIS and Ground both worked.  I also got response from Departure.  

So in all, the more I play with it the better it seems to work.  Not sure why it was doing what it was doing.

I will keep playing with it and let you know if it crops up again.  Thanks for looking into it!  And thanks for the great product.

Andrew