South South America

Hi 

Iwas flying happily aroundin South America-trying out my new Orbyx Scenery

However flying south of Quito Ecuador caused P3Dv4.2 to close down 

Unticking Orbyx SA in Scenery folder made no difference 

A little mystified as what to do next

Would appreciate some help

xxd09

SEQU (old Mariscal Sucre Airport) was closed not long ago -- maybe Orbx SA and a leftover scenery are conflicting.  Also if you have a traffic bgl trying to land AI at an airport that doesn't exist -- it can cause oddities in the sim.

Probably you should ask this question on the Orbx support forums.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Mace

Have posted over there -await input

Just cannot fly below Ecuador-very strange

Did a flight in Costa Rica -very impressive 

Then did a nice flight taking off from Quito -all those volcanoes beautifully rendered by Orbyx-I can see the difference when Orbyx Scenery unticked

Heading down to Chile is a no go as P3D just closes

I cannot imagine what the conflict is

xxd09

I just finished a KMIA-SBGR flight no problem, using Orbx SA.  Not so recently, I flew the NZAA-SAEZ and KAUS-SCEL again no problem.  The point is that you may want to look at what you have in your configuration that might be related because the problem is not wide spread.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi downscc

Thanks for that-could you amplify

Configuration?

I really don’t know where to start

Seems that below Lat  South 12 and Long West 75 -it’s a no go area

No Addons here

Mysterious to be able to fly about in northern South America but not in the south

Something happening on entering the southern Latitudes

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Mistakes

21 hours ago, xxd09 said:

I fly into Quito using my scenery I made for FSX (it's in the library) and it works fine in P3dv4.  The scenery is the new Quito airport, SEQM.  I have had no issues with SA and have just finished SLLP which I will upload shortly.  

My setup includes ORBX SA, Vector, Global and FreeMesh.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

7 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Something happening on entering the southern Latitudes

xxd09

I agree with Maddogz -- disable all of your AI -- and re-fly the flight that caused the problem

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 6/16/2018 at 12:32 AM, xxd09 said:

Hi 

Iwas flying happily aroundin South America-trying out my new Orbyx Scenery

Unticking Orbyx SA in Scenery folder made no difference 

A little mystified as what to do next

Would appreciate some help

xxd09

I've had this exact same problem when flying to Quito from Amsterdam. I tries the route twice and both times the sim freezes as i got near the IPI waypoint. I have Orbx south America as well and was flying the PMDG 777

I have a thread open on the P3D forum https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=129694

You might want to post your situation there. Onr thing i noticed is the sim uses the old ICAO for Quito and the FMC uses the new ICAO. Not sure if that could be causing a conflict.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Further info

I updated my P3Dv4 to 4.2 using Client only

Would updating Scenery and /or Content help?

xxd09

PS Following the “Crash at Labrador” posts with interest

A very long thread with no very definite conclusion 

Not strictly relevant to me but an another area causing crashes

PPS  flying in Default mode-Zero AI Traffic amongst other things -sliders all back etc-no difference

Edited by xxd09
Mistakes

Loaded it into my FSX setup and away I go!

All good

xxd09

On 6/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, xxd09 said:

Seems that below Lat  South 12 and Long West 75 -it’s a no go area

Hundreds, maybe thousands are flying there with no issues.  You disabled Orbx SA and still got the crash so not Orbx SA fault and no reason to bother Orbx/FTX.  My first recommendation is to disable your dll.xml (both of them) by renaming them to dll.xml.off.  Many modules can create an unexplained crash as they do not cause a crash on every flight.  For instance, I have flown w/o issues on flights and then suddenly have a crash.  I disable the dll.xml's and the crashes go away.  Narrowing it down, I found that the Carenado CTMeteo module (in the main P3D folder if you have any Carenado aircraft) causes many unexplained crashes, especially if you run into bad weather.  I have mine disabled and have not had a crash for some time now.  The thing about this module is that it works great most of the time until there's bad weather in the area.  Your crash just South of Quito Ecuador is exactly like the crashes I got when I flew South of Wash Dulles (KIAD).  Turned out the CTMeteo module was causing the crash.  I have also seen an outdated version of the FSUIPC module causing unexplained crashes.  It is important that the modules in your dll.xml are kept up to date including the Orbx ObjectFlow2.

What you need to do is read the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10 where you should bring your P3D simulator to the default settings.  You do this my renaming the P3D.cfg, the dll.xml's, and the scenery.cfg and then go off flying.  The dll.xml in the same folder as the scenery.cfg will be rebuilt to the default.  The scenery.cfg will be rebuilt to the default.  You also need to move all of the Orbx/FTX files in Scenery/World/Scenery to a temporary folder as everyone of these files load even if you disable the Orbx SA scenery.  Some contain objects and elevations.  If the crash continues, then you can move these files back from the temp folder.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim 

Thanks for all that-a very comprehensive path to follow 

I normally do very little flying in this area but had some really good holidays there

Trying to simulate some of the flights taken for a little change of scene

Palmar Sur to SanJose in a Cessna Caravan(Carenado) in Costa Rica was great(low cloud and rain!)

Easter Island and Santiago Chile were on the cards for another flight.

Then the problem arose

I have a FSX setup I keep  for Tipella.Aerosoft Do 27,Katana DA20-100 and some Photoreal Scenery that only work inFSX.

So got to Easter Island Atacama and Santiago OK

Will give your instructions a try

Thanks again for your help

xxd09

Jim

Tried reinstalling Orbyx South America and the validating files of the install

Got an error message-see attachment

Having difficultly putting my insert in of a error message received when validating my SA Orbyx install in to Avsim post

However I got the error message onto the Orbyx forums

Nicks opinion is that some process is using FSX Central and therefore interfering in rendition of Orbyx SA

Confirms your ideas which I have yet to try

Onwards and upwards

xxd09

Further info

Turned off three CMeteoXmi.dll in P3Dv4.3 that were present

Can now fly in South America!!!!!!!!

What effect this has in other areas to be seen 

Thanks again

xxd09