Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Scenario Saves and Loads help needed

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Prep3D4  and I have screwed up with respect to scenario loads and saves. After finishing a flight I save the scenario in a folder called prep3Dv4 Files. And then create shortcut on the desk top to this file. My intention was to click on the shortcut and resume where I left off. However, whenever  I try this Prep3D says it can't find the flight and loads the default flight where I can pick of the flight I want. So I would like to know how to save a scenario and then automatically reload the saved scenery when I next wish to start Prep3Dv4. Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong and how to correct my error? Thanks.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

The only way I ever load a scenario is by starting P3D and it is set to always open the Scenario Setup screen from where I press the LOAD button and the desired scenario is selected.  I know FSX used to start when associated with saved files but P3D is not the same program.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm missing something here. If you just save the scenario in the default and later run p3d and open the scenario, P3D will know where it is and load it. Don't create any shortcuts.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

28 minutes ago, nas123 said:

Try SmartStarter w/MapLog and you have full control

Sounds good any pointers on where and how to acquire it?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

www.flightsim4fun.com

it was "try before buy", but not now I see,

Edited by nas123