Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

FSLabs A320

9 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

PMDG don't do any Airbus products. Also, if you get the 737, you get 2 varients. 

Yes, basically it is still a 737-xxx, whereas the A320 and A319 are different aircraft hence FSLabs see it as an expansion

• Upvote 1

Folks,

Despite the controversial business practices that FS-Labs has, the Airbus A320 really is impressive for what it is. Both myself and my fiancé are Airbus pilots, and we have been pretty impressed with the level of system detail in the sim. Curious what the other Airbus offering mentioned in this thread is, as I will be sure to check it out.

-Busdriver 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

If you want an A319 and an A318 for P3D V4, probably about the best option is the Black Box Simulations Airbus Prologue version. BBS do an okay A321/A320 (it is not at the level of the FSL one, but then again it is only 29 Euros). You can 'bundle purchase their A320/321 with the A318/A319 for an additional 13 Euros, or just go for the 318/319 on its own for, as noted, 29 Euros, which is not bad for two airliners which work in P3D V4. Despite in the past BBS getting a bit of criticism for their misdemeanors some years back, these days BBS is actually not a bad developer, offering quite good (and rapid) support.

I do have the FSL A320, and it is absolutely great, well worth what you pay for it (I know that's hard to believe, but trust me, it is the best modern airliner you can get for FSX/P3D by a country mile and it does justify its price, you'll see that the moment you load it up), but I also bought the BBS A320/A321, and their A340 and their A330, and those do offer quite a lot of fun for the price and they do most of what you'd want an Airbus to do in normal operations, also having a particularly good configuration app which easily installs liveries, allows you to set up dispatching with cargo, passengers, fuel etc. and yes, they do have a BA livery for it on their installer app.

Actually, you don't have to take my word for it though, all of BBS's airliners can be tried in a freebie demo, so you could check out their A318 or 319 if you wanted to, you'll find they fly quite nicely, have a decent simulation of the 'Bus flight computer, and run quite quickly in terms of FPS when at fancy payware airports, although to be fair, if you use the not ultra high res textures on the FSL A320, that actually runs quite well for such a complex add-on, given that it is possibly the most complex add-on airliner you can get for FSX/P3D.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I really appreciate everyone's help on this - I know I've made my mind up now! 

Thanks everyone. Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

The 319 from fslabs will be available very shortly, and you get what you pay for. Its the most in depth, immersive and true to life airbus out there.

What others are proposing is way behind in term of quality or features. I own their 320 and can't get bored with this plane.

I owned others a320 before fslabs but they never met the level of detail I was looking for nor will they since apparently we're stupid to want to simulate something that rarely happens in real life. All we should want is what they are able to do with the limited functionalites in their product i.e. fly from A to B with nothing happening in between, and if you forget to turn the full pumps on no worries becauseas many other buttons in their product  they don't do anything.

in fslabs a320 everything is moddeled as per the real aircraft down to the exact electrical wiring linking all the systems together. Forget something and you get  immediate consequences. It has the best sounds in any addon I ever bought. Same for the graphics,  their modeling is spot on inside the cockpit and outside too and more liveries that you would know what to  do with.

As others said, you buy the 320 from the main fslabs website, and download all the liveries from the forum. The activation in the forum should be instantaneous. If you're having trouble with that you can post in their general forum, and you'll get help from them or a member of the forum.

36 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Curious what the other Airbus offering mentioned in this thread is, as I will be sure to check it out.

Me too!

Hamilton Müller

35 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Folks,

Despite the controversial business practices that FS-Labs has, the Airbus A320 really is impressive for what it is. Both myself and my fiancé are Airbus pilots, and we have been pretty impressed with the level of system detail in the sim. Curious what the other Airbus offering mentioned in this thread is, as I will be sure to check it out.

-Busdriver 

Aerosoft is releasing their A318/A319/A320/A321 Professional soon, starting with the 318 and 319. They are basically just waiting for the P3D 4.3 patch to drop, to make sure it's fully compatible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Aerosoft is releasing their A318/A319/A320/A321 Professional soon, starting with the 318 and 319. They are basically just waiting for the P3D 4.3 patch to drop, to make sure it's fully compatible.

Ok, I was curious too,Aerosoft then... Thanks! 👍👍

Edited by hmuller

Hamilton Müller

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Great, good to know. I'll take a look at it once I get some free time. I'll be curious how it compares to FS Labs.

FSLabs had a minor update for the A320 today. 

Here's the changelog for v2.0.1.260:

- External Model:

- Wing fairing and nose gear door small fixes

- Sounds:
    - Various small fixes

- ECB:
    - APU flap visual fix

- Virtual Cockpit:
    - Adjustment in window transparency level

- GSX:
    - Small fix for pax boarding / deboarding state

• Like 1

Just gotta say: The BBS A340 was the worst addon I ever purchased. Don't know about their other stuff, but the A340 was pathetic compared to nowadays addons like PMDG, FSL, QW...

I purchased the FSL 320 a few days ago and in my opinion they're at the top with PMDG. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

On 6/16/2018 at 2:18 PM, Gary McCluskey said:

I agree, and the FSLabs version only seems to get good reviews.. 

what cpu do you have and GFX card ?

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, swiesma said:

Just gotta say: The BBS A340 was the worst addon I ever purchased. Don't know about their other stuff, but the A340 was pathetic compared to nowadays addons like PMDG, FSL, QW...

BBS is nowhere near the same league as PMDG or even close to QW. Their Airbus series are for very light and casual summers. I own both products and flying their widebody series reminds me of flying Fs2004 Overland Airbus series. I dare not use their managed flight modes.

Bilal Asif Khan

2 hours ago, tooting said:

what cpu do you have and GFX card ?

I got it off Amazon.: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4 Memory and 256GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Up to 7-hours of battery life

How come? Would it be affected by the update or anything? I'm still flying in A Diamond DA42 for training, so I think I might be too early to buy that Airbus. 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook