Sign in to follow this  
Bandselect

Preparing for P3D V4.3

I am new to P3D and only switched from FSX earlier this year. I use the paid version of SimStarter to manage airports that load and I have a mix of airports that are loaded external to P3D (FSDT, Flightbeam, etc.) and some that are tied to the scenery config. My question concerns what steps with my scenery that I will need to take to update to V4.3. My understanding is that the sceneries that are tied to the external dll will automatically move with the update - but for those tied to the scenery config - is a reinstall required or can I take advantage of Simstarter to remap those airports? Thanks for any community support on this.

Scott Robinson

Here you go!  This should be all you need.  There is also a P3D Guide written by Poppet (Elaine Dixon) here on AVSIM.  I'd search for it and provide you the link, but wife's foot is a tapping and I need to get out the door!

It's a very painless process, nothing at all like it was with FSX.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks DaveCT2003 for the link...so if V4.3 requires the scenery module be updated, any insights on what effect that will have on my installed sceneries?

Scott Robinson

47 minutes ago, Bandselect said:

Thanks DaveCT2003 for the link...so if V4.3 requires the scenery module be updated, any insights on what effect that will have on my installed sceneries?

It shouldn't have any affect on installed scenery.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

You are most welcome my friend.  It's truly a painless process.  In a nut shell, you remove the Client, then install the new Client.  Then IF you wish, you can do the same for Scenery and Content (I always do).  Anything more than that and you're looking at a complete uninstall and reinstall, but that isn't necessary.

Elaine Dixon's guide is SO TERRIFIC!  Love that lady, and happy to call her a friend.

Dave Hodges

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Elaine Dixon's guide is SO TERRIFIC!  Love that lady, and happy to call her a friend.

Dunno Dave - I love her too - are we going to have a problem???? A duel in the sky at dawn?

😁

Vic

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's truly a painless process.  In a nut shell, you remove the Client, then install the new Client.  Then IF you wish, you can do the same for Scenery and Content (I always do).

Dave, you can confirm removing and reinstalling the scenery-update does not harm my settings for my scenerys?  It will not change the scenery.cfg (or whichever regulates my scenerys?).  I have both scenery-systems via the *.cfg and via the *.xml-method, if you understand me.

I have already removed and installes the clients with is indeed painless, but i am reticent for the scenery-update...

My first full install of P3D was 4.0

3 hours ago, Headley said:

Dave, you can confirm removing and reinstalling the scenery-update does not harm my settings for my scenerys?  It will not change the scenery.cfg (or whichever regulates my scenerys?).  I have both scenery-systems via the *.cfg and via the *.xml-method, if you understand me.

I have already removed and installes the clients with is indeed painless, but i am reticent for the scenery-update...

My first full install of P3D was 4.0

It's never done affected any of my 1,000,000,000+ payware or freeware scenery installations or settings, which is all I can tell you.  I've not read it, but I believe there is a description of what the Scenery part of P3Dv4 actually updates over on the LM Prepar3d forums.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

Always a pleasure Bill.

Dave Hodges