Sign in to follow this  
Carob

pemb1702.zip E170/175 Panel

Hello.

Is anyone by chance using the pemb1702.zip panel for E170/175 available over at flightsim?  I'm hoping someone else who uses it might be able to help with a question. since it appears the author is no longer available.

Thanks!

Go ahead and ask the question. 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

One question is that I'm wondering if there a way to change it so that the autopilot doesn't automatically enable immediately after takeoff.

Interesting! It only happens when using this panel?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I was just trying it and noticed the gear up automatically but never saw the A/P turn on until I pressed the A/P button.

You would probably have to do some editing in whichever .cab file holds the info for how the A/P works.  That would be beyond my paygrade.  It is a nice 2D panel for that aircraft and worked fine in my Sim which isn't FS9.

Charlie Aron

Maybe that's why the autopilot isn't kicking in then.  It's designed for FS9.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:45 PM, Carob said:

Maybe that's why the autopilot isn't kicking in then.  It's designed for FS9.

I have an answer. Based on my test flight yes it did automatically raise gear after take off. The Autopilot was already set on ground.

I looked at the panel in FS Panel Studio. I found nothing that displays which gauge is tied into automatically setting it. I do suspect gauge25=EMB170!Speedtrend,  1,1,5,5,3

may or not be the gauge controlling other gauges at a set criteria. This is an XML gauge and the author designed it on their own. Maybe even proprietary. This looks like a set of gauges that if one is edited or missing the rest fails. I wouldn't hamper with it. If you need further control I suggest Ken Mitchell's emb170km_panl.zip

Edited by me1900
best answer to post

Doyle Edwards

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, me1900 said:

I have an answer. Based on my test flight yes it did automatically raise gear after take off. The Autopilot was already set on ground.

I looked at the panel in FS Panel Studio. I found nothing that displays which gauge is tied into automatically setting it. I do suspect gauge25=EMB170!Speedtrend,  1,1,5,5,3

may or not be the gauge controlling other gauges at a set criteria. This is an XML gauge and the author designed it on their own. Maybe even proprietary. This looks like a set of gauges that if one is edited or missing the rest fails. I wouldn't hamper with it. If you need further control I suggest Ken Mitchell's emb170km_panl.zip 

It's not a sense of more control.  I do like the panel, especially the built-in checklist you can go through, it's just that I would prefer to be able to control when I want the autopilot to engage.  Which as noted is immediate.  The worst part is that you can't disengage it until, it seems, you are at level flight for a brief period of time.  If you try before then it just beeps like it wants to turn off but won't.  Until level flight as mentioned.