Sign in to follow this  
alexm90

Service fleet repaints

Is there any chance of different repaints for the PMDG service fleet on the ground? The PMDG liveries are not very realistic.

KR

1 hour ago, alexm90 said:

Is there any chance of different repaints for the PMDG service fleet on the ground? The PMDG liveries are not very realistic.

KR

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note that their rules ask us to sign our full names on all posts here.

Yes, there is a chance but it is low on the priority list compared to getting the B748 tested and released.  My guess is this might be something they expand once they roll the service vehicles into the 777/737.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan,

thanks for the reply. Priority should be on the 748 right now, yes - we will see if they add the extra an realism if they would either offer a repaint kit or provide "official" repaints from their side. Maybe together with the Global Flight Operations

Best

Alexander Mattheis

9 hours ago, alexm90 said:

Hello Dan,

thanks for the reply. Priority should be on the 748 right now, yes - we will see if they add the extra an realism if they would either offer a repaint kit or provide "official" repaints from their side. Maybe together with the Global Flight Operations

Best

Alexander Mattheis

Once you have a library of vehicles with different company logos then you have the need for a process that selects which to be used and than can be based on the AF file or even the aircraft.cfg.... so there's more involved other than "repaints."

Dan Downs KCRP

Any news with this? I think the function of all the ground services is highly impressive...until I sit back to watch my aircraft after parking it up and see 4 massive non-real world logos staring back at me. Well, the logos may actually be real world but everybody who loves sims instantly knows they belong to a simulated aircraft (in layman terms a 'toy'). Do not even need real world logos TBH just 'fake' real ones like 'Chucks Cargo' or 'Nobbys Nosh'. No need to license real world companies at least at first. I understand the complications when people want multiple companies in multiple regions with multiple liveries but I think 90% of those people (including me) would be happy with just switching the current situation with any other simple non-sim related logo. Even zero logo at all would be preferable.

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK