Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

2.5.0.4...Wow

Dave,

2.5.0.4 has SO MANY improvements.   

- I don't know what you did, but the performance is sooooo much better in this version.  2.5.0.3 was really slow, laggy, and a pain to get things done quickly.  Zooming in and out is like lightening fast now.
     - The taxi-way mnt stuff works great now
     - The ability to force set the runway now for airports that have no sid/star is awesome.  (I assume this is new and i have not just ever seen it before in the sid/star windows, lol)
     - I was having all sorts of problems entering in a route from KORD (which has no SIDs) to KROC which has no STARs in 2.5.0.3, it was almost impossible to make a flight plan.  That is all fixed now in this version.

Good Work!

Joe

Thanks. I had no idea what performance was before this update but performance is a key decision I had to weigh up. It seems good enough. It can be kept away from the main sim cores with affinity. It is surprisingly heavy on cpu use but it doesn't matter much if it is not running on the same cores the sim is. The one thing I don't like is that the SQL database process P2A needs runs separately from the app and it cannot be kept off the main sim cores (system forbids it). But luckily it's impact is not noticeable so far because I'm guessing that the SQL process is merely doing quick database lookups not any processing of data.

If you have a spare PC or Laptop, network it and put P2A on the client PC. I have done this for years with my weather app and now P2A.

It takes the load off the sim PC.

Bill Clark

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

10 hours ago, sbclark said:

If you have a spare PC or Laptop, network it and put P2A on the client PC. I have done this for years with my weather app and now P2A.

It takes the load off the sim PC.

Not only that but you separate the sound easily -- ideal for a headset separate from the aircraft sounds. I also use the new hotkey option to swap the sound output device between my overhead and my headset -- the overhead sound is handy when there are guests listening in.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen