Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

v4.2 Failing To Install on Win7 PC

Can anyone kindly shed light on why, a 12.3 Gb downloaded v4.2 cannot install on an 8GB Sandybridge i5-2500k system with a 0x80070017 error being flagged up repeatedly? This is so frustrating trying to install v 4.2 whereas v 4 installed perfectly on a Windows 10 PC.

Being asked for NET Framework 4.6.2 version but even that downloaded apparently will not install on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

Help appreciated.

Edited by vc10man

36 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Can anyone kindly shed light on why, a 12.3 Gb downloaded v4.2 cannot install on an 8GB Sandybridge i5-2500k system with a 0x80070017 error being flagged up repeatedly? This is so frustrating trying to install v 4.2 whereas v 4 installed perfectly on a Windows 10 PC.

Being asked for NET Framework 4.6.2 version but even that downloaded apparently will not install on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

Help appreciated.

Hi code 0x80070017 usually refers to bad media, it translates to CRC error, I suspect your P3D download is corrupted.

Download P3D again, I recommend doing a partial download (components) rather than one single file as it avoids these kind of issues.

You will need .NET 4.6.2 for P3D 4.2 this is the link for the windows 7 installers: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1

Thanks for that response. Appreciated.

As the PC I want to install P3D v4.2 is a slow Internet connection, I used a much faster PC to download to a USB stick. So is that likely to be the 'bad media'?

Edited by vc10man

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that response. Appreciated.

As the PC I want to install P3D v4.2 is a slow Internet connection, I used a much faster PC to download to a USB stick. So is that likely to be the 'bad media'?

Very likely, copy it again into a different drive.

Also be sure you copy the installation files directly into the Windows 7 pc, so do not launch the installation from the USB.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thanks for that advice. Will follow and update later

Thanks for all your help, Simbol.

Successful re-install. One more question. Can I put sceneries on a spare drive?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for all your help, Simbol.

Successful re-install. One more question. Can I put sceneries on a spare drive?

Spare you mean a secondary drive?

Sorry, yes, a secondary drive, I meant.

2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Sorry, yes, a secondary drive, I meant.

Yes you can, certain sceneries installation will ask you where you want to install them, just select your secondary drive.

Alternatively you can use Lorby Scenery organizer and put everything on your second drive yourself.

Regards,
S.

Thank you so much for the top, top assistance you have been. Much appreciated.

Will do as suggested.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thank you so much for the top, top assistance you have been. Much appreciated.

Will do as suggested.

My pleasure Rick.

All the best,

S.