Sign in to follow this  
umutbarisbasol

FMC Freezes when i try to enter Cost Index

Well,I use PMDG 777-300ER and everything was fine yesterday. I made a flight from LTBA to KJFK without any issues. Today, when i try to enter the cost index to FMC for another flight, FMC just freezed. I closed and restarted the game and tried to request that informations instead of entering manually. This time, when i clicked accept button, all entries became invisible. They just turned to blanks. I couldn't see any indent for any attribute. I even tried my last flight which i flied yesterday and all that FMC things were operating as normal, i get the freezing problem. Btw, all VC works without a problem, only FMC freezes. I also tried to delete the aircraft and reinstalled it. Nothing has changed. I amthinking of deleting the whole game and reinstall it again tho. If it wont help, then i will be done and not waste any more time on this.

13 minutes ago, umutbarisbasol said:

Well,I use PMDG 777-300ER and everything was fine yesterday. I made a flight from LTBA to KJFK without any issues. Today, when i try to enter the cost index to FMC for another flight, FMC just freezed. I closed and restarted the game and tried to request that informations instead of entering manually. This time, when i clicked accept button, all entries became invisible. They just turned to blanks. I couldn't see any indent for any attribute. I even tried my last flight which i flied yesterday and all that FMC things were operating as normal, i get the freezing problem. Btw, all VC works without a problem, only FMC freezes. I also tried to delete the aircraft and reinstalled it. Nothing has changed. I amthinking of deleting the whole game and reinstall it again tho. If it wont help, then i will be done and not waste any more time on this.

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

If it was working on on flight and then the next time stopped what changes were made on your computer between these two times?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Also in addition to where Chris is going, my first thought was to ask how you are loading the flight? This sounds like a problem with either loading one scenario on top of another or loading a corrupt scenario.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

If it was working on on flight and then the next time stopped what changes were made on your computer between these two times?

Hey. I am new at forum so can you explain me how to add signature? Do i simply type my full name? I will add it once you explain how to do.

And i didn't change anything between these two times. At first one(successful one) i requested the route and plane filled the FMC by itself. But at second one, when i do the same thing, it didnt fill itself and "MSG" light appeared at the right side of the FMC. Then i manually filled the blanks without a problem, expect Cost Index part.

And as i explored 5 mins ago, i cant add liveries to my PMDG plane either. (I reinstalled the game so i need to download these liveries again.) It gives an "unknown error" message to dowload the list of liveries when i try. Not sure if its related with that FMC problem tho.

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Also in addition to where Chris is going, my first thought was to ask how you are loading the flight? This sounds like a problem with either loading one scenario on top of another or loading a corrupt scenario.

If you mean the flight planning by loading the flight, i was requesting it before. But now, when i request the route or any other thing, "MSG" light appears at the FMC and i manually enter the variables. I dont know how to open messages cuz im not too familiar with this parts of flying.

If you tried to mean any other thing, can you please more specific?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, umutbarisbasol said:

Hey. I am new at forum so can you explain me how to add signature? Do i simply type my full name? I will add it once you explain how to do.

Go to the upper right corner of your page and do the dropdown by your screen name and Avatar (the brown circle with the U)  Go to Account Settings/Signature and type in your full name there and the "save" it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, umutbarisbasol said:

I dont know how to open messages cuz im not too familiar with this parts of flying.

These kinds of things have less to do with how to fly than how to operate the PMDG simulation.  The Introduction document is all about how to operate the simulation.

4 hours ago, umutbarisbasol said:

If you tried to mean any other thing, can you please more specific?

I was asking how you start the session, how do you select the aircraft?  From a saved scenario?  Is it your default airplane?  Not load the flight plan but load the airplane into FSX/P3D?

Dan Downs KCRP