Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

won't run

I took out windows 10 and re installed it.Now when I get to the very last of disk 2.It says Consult windows Installer Help(MSI.chm) or MSDN for more help. code 1722 .I ran and registry cleaner.I found the windows installer in the service window.I started it but the same thing ,could use a little help. Also after it takes every thing out .It says  error 1603                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Alienware Area -51 i7 CPU 960 23.0GHz 12GB RAM     running FSX box

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

1722 and 1603 errors:   After inserting Disk 2 and near the end of the installation, you may be confronted with a 1722 error first and after clicking “Okay” the 1603 error indicating there was a problem with the installation and FSX was not successfully installed.  It will then roll back the installation.

There is a licensing reset tool (KB828080 – Google as Microsoft has gotten rid of this program but it worked for me).  Read the instructions for resetting your license.  Open Windows explorer and go to the folder where KB828080 is located.  Open it and move resetsldl to C:\Windows\system32.  This makes it easier as you will now have to open the Command Prompt in elevated mode.  In the Windows Search Bar, type Command and look up in the menu and right click Command Prompt and select ‘Run as Administrator’.  This will put you into elevated mode.  When the Command Prompt opens, you should see C:\Windows\system32.  Type resetsldl and click on Enter.  This should reset the licensing and you can now try to reinstall FSX if the message shows it was successful.  If you get the following error message, “Cleaning up Token Store at: C:\Program Data\Microsoft\SLDL\Software Licensing failed to delete the token store - ERROR --HRESULT 800405", then you will also need to do the following:

In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then OK. In Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or 10, click the Start button, type Run and look up in the menu and click on ‘Run’.  Once open, type ‘regedit’ in the Run command box and click enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

Expand the following registry key: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side. 

Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK.

Close Registry Editor, and then try to reinstall and use the FSX activation wizard. Once prompted for your product key, type in the key located with your copy of FSX.

Hope this helps! 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim thanks a lot but nothing help at all.I'am about at the point that to just throw it all out and quit flying all together!!!! Here we have an Microsoft product and Microsoft is trying to kill it.Again thanks

• Like 1

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Jim thought I would let you know I'am flying again!!!!! It was a living hell I took out windows10 formatted my drive put in the 1st windows 10 put in fsx and it worked!!!  The only thing is you have to get it in before it up dates thanks for all your help 

• Like 1