Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

A note of interest for VOXATC users who also use fsaerodata

See here:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=248#p910

fsaerodata updates some airport ICAO codes to match the real world codes. This could lead to FATAL ERROR messages in VOXATC. Follow the instructions in the post at the link above. Disable the fsaerodata database, turn off ICAO airport updates and then re enable the fasearodata database.

Thanks Jay,

Did you send a log to Tegwyn? If not I’ll see if I can induce the fatal error and send one myself. 

I didn't discover the problem. The VOXATC user that did sent the information in already. Keep in mind that the fsaerodata airport ICAO update may also create conflicts with some  airports in ORBX regions, especially Southern Alaska, where a number of real world airports have ICAO codes that differ from the sim's stock codes.

Hello there I need help with my VoxATC Communication Agencies specially Oceanic Center after updating with Fsaerodata I still have to switch to oceanic center instead of the updated agency center, so I need to solve that problem I tried to fix that problem by converting the bgl file that VoxATC takes the information from it to XML and adding the Frequency and agency name it shows it is been updated by Fsaerodata and all the information are correct.

any help please

Thanks

I'm not sure that I understand what you're problem is, but if VOXATC is not using the fsaerodata Center/FIR/ARTCC data, check these steps:

1. In C:\Users\<username>\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids copy the file fsad_airspace_FIR.BGL to <drive:>:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery
  2. In <drive:>:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery, rename the file bvcf.BGL to bvcf.bgl.off.
  3. In <drive:>:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery, rename the file fsad_airspace_FIR.BGL to bvcf.bgl.

The process is the same for P3d V3 and FSX, except that ..\Scenery\World\scenery is located off of those sims' main folder instead. If you edited any files by converting to xml and recompiling, you should revert to the unedited versions of the BGL files.

Is it every flightplan or just one or two that show this behavior? If you don't already have it download Little NavMap and see what Center/FIR frequencies are displayed:

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Make sure you use the sim's internal databases and not Little NavMap's Navigraph databases. This setting is located in the LNM menu under Scenery Library/Navigraph AIRAC Cycle\Do not use navigraph data

Yes every flight plan that is happened, I will try to disable the navigraph and see what is happen, is there any solution for that to get the correct agency call sign instead of oceanic Center.

Don't disable Navigraph except in the LNM settings. The problem that you are experiencing is related to some quirk in your scenery library and not not caused by VOXATC. What did LNM display for FIR/Center frequencies?

The problem is when i create a flight plan for example From Dubai to London and i take off 

i will be hand over to Dubai approach after that to Dubai Center everything is Ok Ground to Tower to Approach except Center it switch me to Oceanic Center which is not Realstic 

i tried to do everything still the problem exists 

and I don’t have solution for it

I probably should have asked you this initially. What sim, sim version and VOXATC version are your using?

Also, you still must have a second active copy of the FIR/Center BGL file that is not located in ../scenery/world/scenery. Even if the file is not named bvcf.bgl, the second file will prevent VOXATC from reading bvcf.bgl in ..scenery/world/scenery. No one else has reported the problem that you are experiencing with VOXATC 7.41 or 7.42, the latter of which is the supported version.

Edited by jabloomf1230
typo

I just check many things i found the problem is networking i run VoxATC on network pc so i test the VoxATC on same P3D pc now it works with me i get the correct agency call Sign the problem is network

do you run VoxATC on same flight sim machine or on network?

I run all add-ons on the main machine. I would suggest not running any add-ons on a network machine if you have hardware that is fairly new. The performance gain will be small because there is increased overhead on the SimConnect channel in a networked setup. Further, far fewer users run add-ons on a networked computer, so if you run into an issue, the chances of getting any help are reduced.