Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

Lear 35A Thrust Rev Arm & switches assignments

Hi,

I would like to hear if someone knows which are the assignments (FSUIPC or SPAD.Next) for the following switches:

1. Thrust Reverser Arm L/R
  2. Air Ignition L/R
  3. Fuel Computer L/R

I have explored both FSUIPC and SPAD.Next list of assignments and found NIL, nada, nothing to move these switches. The great majority I use for flying this bird I found and applied satisfactorily on my Saitek system.

Thanks and regards,

Edited by Heronjr

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

10 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Hi,

I would like to hear if someone knows which are the assignments (FSUIPC or SPAD.Next) for the following switches:

1. Thrust Reverser Arm L/R
  2. Air Ignition L/R
  3. Fuel Computer L/R

I have explored both FSUIPC and SPAD.Next list of assignments and found NIL, nada, nothing to move these switches. The great majority I use for flying this bird I found and applied satisfactorily on my Saitek system.

Thanks and regards,

Hi Heron,

The aircraft has a custom autopilot as well as a myriad of controls not covered by default FS/FSUIPC commands... Two methods are available:  

First - the developer made use of all the G1000 keys that aren't used in this model to control these functions - please check the manual PDF as it lists all the assignments used... You can then just assign them via the normal FS controls menu FSUIPC not needed...

Secondly - "Al" here on the forums made custom LUA scripts for these controls as well - so if you have a paid version of FSUIPC you can assign controls to the scripts... Just PM "ark" with your email address and I'm sure he will gladly share his scripts...

https://www.avsim.com/profile/303425-ark/

Either way seems to work extremely well - as I've used both...

One final suggestion - is if you've flown this aircraft a bit - things happen fast - very fast - and it's a two pilot certified aircraft in real life... It really needs a second set of hands - so I use this $10.00 voice control program called "Voice Attack" to act as my virtual copilot - really increased my enjoyment of this aircraft exponentially... It can execute simple keystrokes - or complex macros - while using the MS Speech Engine to verbally acknowledge or read checklists... If you think this might be a good fit - might be worth a gander - I'll gladly share my custom  profile with anyone that desires it... Granted you need a decent headset and mike to utilize...

https://voiceattack.com/

Enjoy...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your kind reply and suggestions. I already use the G1000 keys for some Lear A/P functions, but unfortunately they do not cover those switches I asked. So I will ask Ark for the LUA scripts.

Regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

10 minutes ago, Heronjr said:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your kind reply and suggestions. I already use the G1000 keys for some Lear A/P functions, but unfortunately they do not cover those switches I asked. So I will ask Ark for the LUA scripts.

Regards

Hi Heron,

Ooops sorry...

I know Al has the Thrust Reversers (thought the G1000 had them too) - I think he has the Air Ignitions - I don't recall the Fuel Computer...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

I have no access to my flight machine right now, but i looked in my SPAD.neXt Learjet 35A profile in my backup.

I found those LVAR settings:

<EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="LVAR:SW_COMPRIGHT" Value="0" ValueOperation="Set" />
<EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="LVAR:SW_COMPLEFT" Value="0" ValueOperation="Set" />

<EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="LVAR:REV_L" Value="-1" ValueOperation="Set" />
<EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="LVAR:REV_R" Value="-1" ValueOperation="Set" />

Edited by doublem

Doublem,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try them later. Really, these settings deserve lots of patient from us, users. Sometimes I feel as a paleontology expeditionary looking for some special setting.

Regards,

Heron Domingues, Jr

23 minutes ago, Heronjr said:

Doublem,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try them later. Really, these settings deserve lots of patient from us, users. Sometimes I feel as a paleontology expeditionary looking for some special setting.

Regards,

Hi Heron,

Yeah - I hear ya... Thankfully we have this forum to compare notes... Once you get this aircraft dialed in - though - it's a real hoot to fly - one of my all time favorites...

Did you see Al's message with his scripts ? He said he sent you one... He also created the Fuel Computer LUA script for you - since you asked - talk about helpful - wow...

Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Yep, he sent me the complete lua settings and now I’m learning a lot about this new science for me. The plane is indeed fantastic, mainly with all the resources working. The yaw damper lua assignment works perfectly and was welcomed because the Flysimware G1000 yaw damper doesn’t work for me  

Now I’m looking for the assignment of two switches which come together near the anti-ice unity: Radio Altimeter and Auto Pilot. This Auto Pilot switch turns on the Master A/P unity. 

Regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

9 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Hi Scott,

Now I’m looking for the assignment of two switches which come together near the anti-ice unity: Radio Altimeter and Auto Pilot. This Auto Pilot switch turns on the Master A/P unity.  

Hi Heron,

I'll add code to the L35Controls script so you can toggle the AP and RA switches on and off with a key/key combo or a switch/button. Email on the way shortly.

Al