Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

REX Environment Force

20 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Just for my understanding.... Why would you like to have/do this?
I guess for shader development purposes only and not for regular flying purposes?

Definitely for flying purposes too.  Setting the right 'look' in the sim for your flying scenario is part of the overall immersion. I often look out of the window when simming and compare what I'm seeing IRL  to what my sim scenario looks like at EGLL not far away.  IRL, low base clouds often appear darker at the base - which doesn't always reflect accurately in sim.  Changing visual parameters like this on the fly would be great.

• Upvote 1

Shader mods can really make the Sim look more realistic and/or more dramatic

Dusseldorf-FTX%20Germany%20BM.jpg

Dusk_All%20Months%20v13.jpg

Frankfurt%20-%20FTX%20Germany%20-%201%20

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

32 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Just for my understanding.... Why would you like to have/do this?
I guess for shader development purposes only and not for regular flying purposes?

In order to match (mimic) the multitude of colours at say dawn or dusk etc, think of clouds at dusk becoming tinged pink or coral. It would do this according to the current time/weather conditions etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

18 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Exactly, Greg!  When it comes to REX, I suggest you temper your enthusiasm; to that point, they seem to have a liberal marketing policy, which I believe is designed to explicitly mislead people.  In short, their reputation for failing to deliver on their overhyped, superlative-laced marketing strategies is well earned.  For myself, I choose not support a company with questionable ethics.  I do, however, hope they'll learn from past fallacies; maybe this next product will meet expectations; yet, it appears they simply can't help themselves. 

I agree wholeheartedly. BTW, what on earth is the value of changing the shaders during flight?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree wholeheartedly. BTW, what on earth is the value of changing the shaders during flight?

As it stands now, any change made to the shaders won't show up until P3D is restarted. Consequently, it's a tedious process to go through while tweaking settings.  Being able to make changes to the look of the sim without exiting is a game-changer for P3D, and it's been a long time coming.  X-plane 11 already has at least one utility, made by the original designer of PTA, and it's incredible how much time and trial-and-error can be saved as a result.  I'm looking forward to this type of functionality, and it's something that will be tremendously-beneficial for the community as a whole.  As mentioned earlier, while I agree that REX over-does their marketing, if they're the one that will give us this utility, I'm happy to give them my money. 

Cheers,

John

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Shader mods can really make the Sim look more realistic and/or more dramatic

Hi,
I'm not questioning the use of custom shaders but changing dynamically shaders during flight.
Once a good custom shader has been developed/loaded, why need to change?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

27 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Consequently, it's a tedious process to go through while tweaking settings.

That's indeed what I meant during 'development' phase but not during regular flight.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 minute ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Individual preference will dictate that desire..

6 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi,
I'm not questioning the use of custom shaders but changing dynamically shaders during flight.

You might want more/less Bloom/brightness/contrast/saturation etc going from dawn to day or day to dusk ...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

That's indeed what I meant during 'development' phase but not during regular flight.

I think the best time to try different settings and make tweaks is in flight, not by constantly restarting the sim and picking up where I left off.  People who tweak shaders can attest to the hours and hours that this process involves, and it's a pain.  That's why there are so few shader presets out there, and even the good ones can use some additional finesse...an in-sim tweak feature will make all of the difference in the world, and I guarantee the community will come alive with all kinds of mods as a result. 

22 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Because shaders are not a one-size-fits-all.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I hope this works out. I was very disappointed to read that HiFi is only releasing for X-Plane this year and they "hope" to have a beta product for P3D in Q1 2019. So if REX can deliver, I'll jump ship to them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, dal330200 said:

As it stands now, any change made to the shaders won't show up until P3D is restarted. Consequently, it's a tedious process to go through while tweaking settings.  Being able to make changes to the look of the sim without exiting is a game-changer for P3D, and it's been a long time coming.  X-plane 11 already has at least one utility, made by the original designer of PTA, and it's incredible how much time and trial-and-error can be saved as a result.  I'm looking forward to this type of functionality, and it's something that will be tremendously-beneficial for the community as a whole.  As mentioned earlier, while I agree that REX over-does their marketing, if they're the one that will give us this utility, I'm happy to give them my money. 

Cheers,

John

Ah, yes, I must admit I hadn't thought that one through 😏

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

You might want more/less Bloom/brightness/contrast/saturation etc going from dawn to day or day to dusk ...

Now things would get REALLY interesting if presets would be automatically loaded and smoothly applied depending on time of day, weather, etc... 😉

I've become very wary when it come to buying REX products. Their HD Airport product was promised to be released for P3Dv4. Here we are 1 year later and still nothing from them. I bought this product in good faith. I was using P3Dv3 at the time and I had been assured that it would be compatible with v4 when it was released.

I also bought Texture Direct with Soft Clouds. While they really do look amazing, they are a huge frame rate killer. At least on my PC they are.

So yeah. Lesson learned.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough