Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

REX Environment Force

5 minutes ago, F737NG said:

That might all be true, yet what is telling is that many posters on here, who are customers of Rex products, are sharing very similar complaints.

Many? Ridiculus, i would say "a few" or at least "some".

And most complaints are based on their way too high exectations they had and REX couldn't fulfill. Time to learn not to read too much into advertising text.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

find  this  amusing  this  thread, rex  bashing  for   over  talking  of  their  product  what  else   would  they  do   talk  down  their  addon  saying no  it  doesn't  do  what it  does.  If  you  don't  like  what  they  do  than  do  what  was  advised in the  earlier post,  post in the  rex  forum  

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

21 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

find  this  amusing  this  thread, rex  bashing  for   over  talking  of  their  product  what  else   would  they  do   talk  down  their  addon  saying no  it  doesn't  do  what it  does.  If  you  don't  like  what  they  do  than  do  what  was  advised in the  earlier post,  post in the  rex  forum  

LOL! You're kidding right? That's probably the most passive-aggressive post I've read so far... 

Come on - don't turn it around like that! No one's expecting any company to directly down talk their product line. But please - don't put meanings or statements into posts, which isn't expressed and then ridicule the core argument. 

There's a huge difference between making product marketing material, which focuses on the products strenghts, merits and forces and then over-exaggerate the features and promising revolutionary (or even evolutionary) strides. 

This has nothing to do with 'REX bashing' - again, you neglect and ridicule the argument and by that the entire topic raised in here. In my opinion, the concerns raised here, is quite fair and addresses some valid points. 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm a bit confused about what this product actually is, seems to me like Sky Force V1.5. It basically does loads of texture stuff that Sky Force already does + a few extras?

17 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

@pete_auau your post makes me very concerned.

1st: this is not bashing but a word of caution!

2nd: It's not forbidden to express your thoughts here at AVSIM (politely)

3rd: Of corse users will go to that othe forum to discuss but AVSIM currently has more registered users then the newly created area at REX ;).

I also own REX products and love theyre textures! I did not buy SF3D because of the wrong advertising...

• Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Telling? Any thread where people can have a moan, then see someone else doing it, will always devolve into a big soapbox. Every. Single Time.

It's the nature of forums to bring together a consensus of similar thoughts and experiences.  Yes, we can all be a big bunch of drama queens at times (including me), but in this case, no-one has been attacked personally and the reputation of the REX has not been slandered.  I think it is well recognised that REX has a good product base - there is no doubting that..

The only thing that has been highlighted is that expectation (based on marketing techniques) does not always meet reality in a select number of instances.  The make-up of the REX product base is also confusing, made even more complex by the nomenclatures used by the firm to name their products. (SkyForce, Environment Force, Weather Force, Air Force)

If I have to give my 2-bit opinion, I would go on to say that REX (since Skyforce) actually has  a complex and highly utilitarian set of products upcoming which  doesn't go far enough beyond the marketing in order to make sense to the end user.  

When Skyforce was released - the marketing was the awesome video they had released (which did look good).  Yet it took pages and pages of forum messages including substantial input from Reed himself to explain to the lurkers here what the product actually was capable of and how to use it properly.  We finally understood it and then everyone was a believer.  In my opinion, that should happen before the product is released.  It avoids confusion and frustration, it avoids harshly worded messages on fora and it avoids unfair knee jerk assumptions about a product purely because it isn't understood.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I ask again, how many of you have actually joined the Discord channel linked in this very thread, a Discord provided by the developers themselves for you to air your concerns? Not really seeing the numbers go up on the channel, think they've got one member since yesterday? It seems people are very keen on just repeating the same point over and over, now even turning on each other. I assume the original purpose of the thread was to discuss Environment Force, where we had a unique opportunity to get the developers to chime in, especially on the features outlined in the thread and everybody was curious about. However, instead they had to spend time with people's concerns and once more, we've learned nothing about the product but just have a completely derailed thread about people's opinions on REX.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Telling? Any thread where people can have a moan, then see someone else doing it, will always devolve into a big soapbox. Every. Single Time.

I owe also a few REX products and I fully agree with the critizism.
And why can't we discuss that here mutually? Why do we need to do that privately with Rex Simulations?
I fully agree with you that continuously moaning (and moaning only) is no good, but imho that is not the case here.

• Upvote 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Is there a video of this environment force at work anywhere? 

Yes I also think force 3d was way over hyped. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have no problems with members intelligently and respectfully discussing the pros and cons of ABC product but, when the conversation changes from the OP, then that's when the topic needs to be watched closely and perhaps locked.  This topic was about the REX Environment Force and, as a reminder, the OP stated, "Not sure if this is a shader utility , a weather utility or a texture utility, but it sounds like its all of them combined."  That has turned from an intelligent discussion about REX Environment Force to a total bashing of the company by many and the pros and cons of other products developed by REX.   If we cannot keep it on topic instead of rants and accolades of REX's other products, then I have no choice but to close this and split the off-topic discussions to new topics.  Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@Jim Young

Of course, Jim. My apologies, if I have said anything out of line.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

I ask again, how many of you have actually joined the Discord channel linked in this very thread, a Discord provided by the developers themselves for you to air your concerns?

I tried, link prompted me to download an app, then had to enter in personal info to create an account, then couldnt get it to work.  spent 10 mins of my life going nowhere as the link reed posted kept opening the apple app store to download an app I already just installed.  What a waste of time...and you wonder why people dont bother?!?

For the record I am a REX customer multiple times, I feel SF was over-hyped, I hardly ever even start it now because of its perceived limited impact, and the fact that the poor REX weather engine automatically starts ON and I dont want it to (what a hassle - when so many users prefer AS weather engine Id have thought having not to have o go in and change settings EVERY run time could be achieved?) I passed on HD airports because I did not believe the marketing hype.  I will prob consider buying EF anyway but I dont really expect that it will deliver to the extent that it is marketed at all....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

40 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I tried, link prompted me to download an app, then had to enter in personal info to create an account, then couldnt get it to work.  spent 10 mins of my life going nowhere as the link reed posted kept opening the apple app store to download an app I already just installed.  What a waste of time...and you wonder why people dont bother?!?

It was only a matter of time until someone had to play the incompetence card, even for some as basic as Discord, which is used by 100 million+ people these days. That's not something I'd sit here and throw a tantrum about, like it's Discord or REX's fault.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks @kevinfirth for your posts in Discord.  Great feedback.  BTW I posted in there an explanation about the weather engine, but you logged off before I had a chance to post it.

Anyone else is welcome we appreciate your feedback.  

Edited by rstough
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com