Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

REX Environment Force

With PTA I also use Shader expressions which change things dynamically.

Smart move from REX to add it to their product .

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The problem I have with REX Skyforce 3D is that the engine can generate some funky cloud textures.  Will that be resolved?

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

5 hours ago, rstough said:

With REX Environment Force we can control both the growth and appearance of the cloud that gives the feel of forming and dissipating clouds.  With our smoothing and these other features with our automation it gives the feeling of forming and dissipating clouds.  These effects are attached to weather elements.  

Hasnt FSX been able to do this since its release? isnt that what dynamic weather was all about? I remember seeing videos in 2006 showing the cloud sprites building? what makes your product different

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

The problem I have with REX Skyforce 3D is that the engine can generate some funky cloud textures.  Will that be resolved?

Since this is a post about Environment Force, it might be good you post the issue you are having over at our support forum. When you post if you could post some screenshots so we can see what you are experiencing.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, kand said:

Hasnt FSX been able to do this since its release? isnt that what dynamic weather was all about? I remember seeing videos in 2006 showing the cloud sprites building? what makes your product different

Kind of, but ours handles several other features than just sprite changes.  And what is in FSX/P3D by default is not connected to any real weather.

Edited by rstough
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I have a question from the product page where it talks briefly about the "Tight integration with SF3D". Will I have to start SF3D and Environment Force individually or will SF3D launch Environment Force when it is opened?

The reason I ask is Active Sky automatically launches Active Sky Cloud Art, however I prefer and use SF3D over ASCA. So with the release of Environment Force and then Weather Force, it would be nice to have a one program does all sort of thing, if possible of course. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release!

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

16 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I have a question from the product page where it talks briefly about the "Tight integration with SF3D". Will I have to start SF3D and Environment Force individually or will SF3D launch Environment Force when it is opened?

The reason I ask is Active Sky automatically launches Active Sky Cloud Art, however I prefer and use SF3D over ASCA. So with the release of Environment Force and then Weather Force, it would be nice to have a one program does all sort of thing, if possible of course. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release!

You do not need to start Sky Force to use Environment Force. You can control what clouds and sky textures you want to install manually or automatically from the Environment Force.  

This is the same for users using Texture Direct.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 6/19/2018 at 8:04 AM, GSalden said:

Shader mods can really make the Sim look more realistic and/or more dramatic

Although there is absolutely no question that this statement is true, the shader mods also introduce the potential for display glitches. PMDG is now recommending against using any shader mods with its aircraft and I suspect LM isn't keen on the use of 3rd party shader mods either. I continue to use EnvShade even though I liked the flexibility of PTA. I just encountered too many issues every time P3d4 was updated. At least with EnvShade the amount of damage that I can introduce is limited.

Edited by jabloomf1230

On 3/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, rstough said:

Is it perfect no, but Sky Force is way better than default.  With more variation and types.  Without the issues such as rotating clouds and upside down clouds.  We are working even more improved cloud models for Creative Update 1.

Are you saying that SF fixed the rotating cloud issue?  Because I still have rotating clouds with SF.  If I misunderstood you, please help me understand what you meant.

I held off on buying SF for a while, and finally got it while it was on sale.  But I’m very happy with it.  The clouds look much more realistic than before.  I’ll probably pick up Environment Force as well, but not right away, as I’ll want to hear from the community what they think about it.

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Although there is absolutely no question that this statement is true, the shader mods also introduce the potential for display glitches. PMDG is now recommending against using any shader mods with its aircraft and I suspect LM isn't keen on the use of 3rd party shader mods either. I continue to use EnvShade even though I liked the flexibility of PTA. I just encountered too many issues every time P3d4 was updated. At least with EnvShade the amount of damage that I can introduce is limited.

As LM modifies Shader parts with each update users of Shader mod programs need to update their presets too...

That is what I do each time a new P3D update has been released. But it took me 2 years to understand all tweaks ...

😎

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

20 hours ago, _Gladius_ said:

Are you saying that SF fixed the rotating cloud issue?  Because I still have rotating clouds with SF.  If I misunderstood you, please help me understand what you meant.

I held off on buying SF for a while, and finally got it while it was on sale.  But I’m very happy with it.  The clouds look much more realistic than before.  I’ll probably pick up Environment Force as well, but not right away, as I’ll want to hear from the community what they think about it.

Rotating clouds as to clouds on a vertical not horizontal axis.  However, this is improved not perfect because we are still using the core billboard.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

On 3/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, rstough said:

You do not need to start Sky Force to use Environment Force. You can control what clouds and sky textures you want to install manually or automatically from the Environment Force.  

This is the same for users using Texture Direct.

Let me know if I answered your question.

do I understand from this, when we install EF, SF 3D will not be required any more unless for WX engine if desired?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

A comprehensive video showcasing results before and after would be appreciated, otherwise this credit card stays in the wallet. A pretty screenshots are not enough for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I agree with @Drumcode , for a product that is dynamic in nature screenshots only tell half the story. It would be nice to see some recent video of the product since the last time we saw it was in alpha. I imagine this will be coming in the final stages of the marketing campaign but just thought I would offer my support of this move from a consumer standpoint.

• Upvote 2