Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

REX Environment Force

EF is working on cloud models, sky transitions and dynamic shaders and has nothing to do with the weather transformation itself.

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

24 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

EF is working on cloud models, sky transitions and dynamic shaders and has nothing to do with the weather transformation itself.

checked./ hm. will wait for teh update.. and maybe even switch from as to rex.. who knows. ow. wait. weather radar.

Victor Roos

The other thread was correctly locked because people were asking for support. Please don't make the same thing happen to this thread. Use the REX official support forums if you have a problem with REX EF that requires support.

I had no problems purchasing and installing REX EF. The add-on has the typical intuitive REX User Interface and has two modes. The first is a manual mode that allows the user to tweak one or more of the P3d4 shaders on the fly. The second mode adjusts the sky and cloud lighting without user intervention as one flies. Note, that I no longer use either Tomato Shade or PTA as I have gotten myself into "shaderhades" before, by tinkering with the settings in those two add-ons. REX EF seems to work seamlessly with EnvShade, which I do have installed. However, I'm wondering what the point is of my having EnvTex/EnvShade installed as it duplicates much of what REX EF is doing. I have REX EF set up to work with the REX Skyforce cloud textures/models and Active Sky (until Weather Force is released). So far it looks pretty good to me and I haven't run across any bugs/CTDs (Yet! :wink:)

I hoping that the days of  using different products from different developers will be ended by the use of the REX suite (SF, EF, WF).

• Upvote 1

I am at work, so can't comment on performance much until I install, but last message was clear by REX. I also, yesterday  mentioned on one of my posts that regardless what they said about compatibility with other shadder products, appears that they are "culprits", for lack of better word. We can read the way we want. But I guess, being big guys they said and wrote on nice and diplomatic way. Even (little conspiracy), they missed two answers on their Q&A originally in regards to PTA/TS. Now if you look once they've posted, you will have an answer. 

52 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Note, that I no longer use either Tomato Shade or PTA as I have gotten myself into "shaderhades" before, by tinkering with the settings in those two add-ons.

This comment says a lot as well. Which makes sense. But personally I will test it both ways and see where that brings me....

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

20 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

REX EF seems to work seamlessly with EnvShade, which I do have installed. However, I'm wondering what the point is of my having EnvTex/EnvShade installed as it duplicates much of what REX EF is doing.

I hoping that the days of  using different products from different developers will be ended by the use of the REX suite (SF, EF, WF).

I was just wondering the same thing. I'm about to purchase EF and after reading through all the comments I decided that I would restore to default my PTA and ENVTEX/ENVSHADE so that when I install EF it is with a clean slate. But will I ever need the ENV programs or PTA again? If I'm happy with EF than probably not. 

I too would like to use the least amount of programs possible to make my sim look great. If REX can accomplish that with SF, EF and WF all under one umbrella, that would be perfect. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Is there no discount for customers that bought previous products direct from their store?

edit: never mind, the basket is discounting now. It wasnt earlier 

Edited by Litmoose

3 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Is there no discount for customers that bought previous products direct from their store?

Yes its on the store page of EF.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Downloaded EF just now and look forward to using this. I was rather pleased at the price. I expected it to be much more. I will enjoy the weather changes on the fly and the shader tweaking.