Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

REX Environment Force

Recommended Posts

With PTA I also use Shader expressions which change things dynamically.

Smart move from REX to add it to their product .

  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post

The problem I have with REX Skyforce 3D is that the engine can generate some funky cloud textures.  Will that be resolved?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rstough said:

With REX Environment Force we can control both the growth and appearance of the cloud that gives the feel of forming and dissipating clouds.  With our smoothing and these other features with our automation it gives the feeling of forming and dissipating clouds.  These effects are attached to weather elements.  

 

 

Hasnt FSX been able to do this since its release? isnt that what dynamic weather was all about? I remember seeing videos in 2006 showing the cloud sprites building? what makes your product different

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

The problem I have with REX Skyforce 3D is that the engine can generate some funky cloud textures.  Will that be resolved?

Since this is a post about Environment Force, it might be good you post the issue you are having over at our support forum. When you post if you could post some screenshots so we can see what you are experiencing.

  • Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kand said:

Hasnt FSX been able to do this since its release? isnt that what dynamic weather was all about? I remember seeing videos in 2006 showing the cloud sprites building? what makes your product different

Kind of, but ours handles several other features than just sprite changes.  And what is in FSX/P3D by default is not connected to any real weather.

Edited by rstough
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question from the product page where it talks briefly about the "Tight integration with SF3D". Will I have to start SF3D and Environment Force individually or will SF3D launch Environment Force when it is opened?

The reason I ask is Active Sky automatically launches Active Sky Cloud Art, however I prefer and use SF3D over ASCA. So with the release of Environment Force and then Weather Force, it would be nice to have a one program does all sort of thing, if possible of course. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release!

  • Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it be? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for FSX? What's the minimum requirements? Can I be a beta tester?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I have a question from the product page where it talks briefly about the "Tight integration with SF3D". Will I have to start SF3D and Environment Force individually or will SF3D launch Environment Force when it is opened?

The reason I ask is Active Sky automatically launches Active Sky Cloud Art, however I prefer and use SF3D over ASCA. So with the release of Environment Force and then Weather Force, it would be nice to have a one program does all sort of thing, if possible of course. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release!

You do not need to start Sky Force to use Environment Force. You can control what clouds and sky textures you want to install manually or automatically from the Environment Force.  

This is the same for users using Texture Direct.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/19/2018 at 8:04 AM, GSalden said:

Shader mods can really make the Sim look more realistic and/or more dramatic

Although there is absolutely no question that this statement is true, the shader mods also introduce the potential for display glitches. PMDG is now recommending against using any shader mods with its aircraft and I suspect LM isn't keen on the use of 3rd party shader mods either. I continue to use EnvShade even though I liked the flexibility of PTA. I just encountered too many issues every time P3d4 was updated. At least with EnvShade the amount of damage that I can introduce is limited.

Edited by jabloomf1230

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, rstough said:

Is it perfect no, but Sky Force is way better than default.  With more variation and types.  Without the issues such as rotating clouds and upside down clouds.  We are working even more improved cloud models for Creative Update 1.

 

Are you saying that SF fixed the rotating cloud issue?  Because I still have rotating clouds with SF.  If I misunderstood you, please help me understand what you meant.

I held off on buying SF for a while, and finally got it while it was on sale.  But I’m very happy with it.  The clouds look much more realistic than before.  I’ll probably pick up Environment Force as well, but not right away, as I’ll want to hear from the community what they think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Although there is absolutely no question that this statement is true, the shader mods also introduce the potential for display glitches. PMDG is now recommending against using any shader mods with its aircraft and I suspect LM isn't keen on the use of 3rd party shader mods either. I continue to use EnvShade even though I liked the flexibility of PTA. I just encountered too many issues every time P3d4 was updated. At least with EnvShade the amount of damage that I can introduce is limited.

As LM modifies Shader parts with each update users of Shader mod programs need to update their presets too...

That is what I do each time a new P3D update has been released. But it took me 2 years to understand all tweaks ...

😎

  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, _Gladius_ said:

Are you saying that SF fixed the rotating cloud issue?  Because I still have rotating clouds with SF.  If I misunderstood you, please help me understand what you meant.

I held off on buying SF for a while, and finally got it while it was on sale.  But I’m very happy with it.  The clouds look much more realistic than before.  I’ll probably pick up Environment Force as well, but not right away, as I’ll want to hear from the community what they think about it.

Rotating clouds as to clouds on a vertical not horizontal axis.  However, this is improved not perfect because we are still using the core billboard.  

 


Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

website:  www.rexsimulations.com
support: support@rexgamestudios.com

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, rstough said:

You do not need to start Sky Force to use Environment Force. You can control what clouds and sky textures you want to install manually or automatically from the Environment Force.  

This is the same for users using Texture Direct.

Let me know if I answered your question.

do I understand from this, when we install EF, SF 3D will not be required any more unless for WX engine if desired?


Ali A.

PC: I7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz | ASUS Z87-Pro MB | Samsung 49" Curved Monitor | ASUS GTX1080 Ti OC | Intel 256GB x 2  SSD | WD x 2 HD for data and backups | Corsair H110 CPU Cooler | 16GB DDR3 RAM | TrackIR V5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhion | Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Main Simulator: MSFS

Additional simulators: X-Plane 11, FSX, FSX-SE, FSW, P3D V5 .

Add ons for P3D V5; (Orbx FTX Global + Victor + OLC EU + NA+HD Trees, TE GBS, LOWI, Barcelona CityScene), FSGUNG2020, ASP3D, UT Live, EZCA3, FSFX Packages 737+777+787, PMDG 737+777+747, QW 787, FSL A320X, Majestic -8, A2A C172.

Share this post


Link to post

A comprehensive video showcasing results before and after would be appreciated, otherwise this credit card stays in the wallet. A pretty screenshots are not enough for me. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Jacek G.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with @Drumcode , for a product that is dynamic in nature screenshots only tell half the story. It would be nice to see some recent video of the product since the last time we saw it was in alpha. I imagine this will be coming in the final stages of the marketing campaign but just thought I would offer my support of this move from a consumer standpoint.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,835.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...