Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Why does the Ops center keep doing this?

It tells me every time I run it I have a 737 update.  So I let it update I get the DOS window and it tells me it's updated.  Shut down the ops center and it does again, every single time.

3AUEIKi.jpg

QoVAif4.jpg

Edited by Jack_Sawyer

Jack Sawyer

16 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

It tells me every time I run it I have a 737 update.  So I let it update I get the DOS window and it tells me it's updated.  Shut down the ops center and it does again, every single time.

I'm not entirely sure it says that it's updated. I'm guessing that if you were to take a look at the lines (or the log file: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PMDG Operations Center\Updater - the log file in there), it would say that your version is too old and that you need to install via the full installer. That is the reason it keeps repeating: the updater sees your version is too old, ends the process without updating anything.

The new version of the OC will make this clearer.

So - log in to your account on our website. Download the full installer from your order page. Uninstall the version currently on your machine. Install the newly-downloaded copy. Update using the OC if it recommends that you do so. As long as you keep yourself relatively up to date, you'll be fine. The version you have must be quite a few years out of date if it's not updating.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle but will this mess up my liveries?

And very importantly, will it update my 747 to 4.2 and I do not want it and I don't use 4.2.

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle but will this mess up my liveries?

And very importantly, will it update my 747 to 4.2 and I do not want it and I don't use 4.2.

Nope. It'll leave them there, and then offer to repair the liveries after the reinstall (and updates).

Not sure what your question is regarding 4.2. The airplane is the airplane. P3D is P3D. Updating will not force you to use a specific P3D version.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

What do I download?  The installer for the NGX?

Yes.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope. It'll leave them there, and then offer to repair the liveries after the reinstall (and updates).

Not sure what your question is regarding 4.2. The airplane is the airplane. P3D is P3D. Updating will not force you to use a specific P3D version.

The reason why I ask is it always nags me to update the 747 but from reading all the problems people have been having with the 4.2 version of the 747 I'm gonna pass on that one.  I know it looks like it's a LM problem but if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

One more thing, I made a lot of changes in the FMC to equipment, will it change it to default?  

I don't have a lot of time in my life so I don't fly these too often but I'm slowly getting back into the PMDG products because they're so good.

Jack Sawyer

15 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

The reason why I ask is it always nags me to update the 747 but from reading all the problems people have been having with the 4.2 version of the 747 I'm gonna pass on that one.  I know it looks like it's a LM problem but if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it.

Again: P3D and the 747 are different. Updating the 747 won't force you to use 4.2, or anything. Just let the 744 update. You won't have to update P3D. Completely separate topics/discussions/functions.

14 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

One more thing, I made a lot of changes in the FMC to equipment, will it change it to default?  

Nope, those will stay, too.

Kyle Rodgers

46 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Again: P3D and the 747 are different. Updating the 747 won't force you to use 4.2, or anything. Just let the 744 update. You won't have to update P3D. Completely separate topics/discussions/functions.

All worked in the NGX but I've read so much even here about how many problems the new 747 update has caused.  Not sure if I want to do this as it's ok as it is.  

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

All worked in the NGX but I've read so much even here about how many problems the new 747 update has caused.  Not sure if I want to do this as it's ok as it is.  

Jack - the issue isn't the 747 update. The issue is P3D v4.2. This has been acknowledged by LM themselves. The 744 update helped to alleviate the issue, but could not eliminate it (again, because the issue is caused by LM's code, and not ours). Updating your 744 will not cause any issues. It literally cannot...especially if you're not on 4.2.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle, updating in a few minutes then! :biggrin:

Welcome!

Kyle Rodgers