Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Rex Skyforce 3d confusion

15 minutes ago, J van E said:

That's a bit of an odd and remark imho. As if everyone who doesn't use your preferred combination of addons probably is a low-end simmer...? What's a high-end simmer anyway? You probably didn't mean it like that but it sounds a bit condescending.

You didn't have your coffee this morning my friend.  Re-read it, without the negative attitude and assumptions.

Sweet lord!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

23 hours ago, captain420 said:

I've been out of the flightsim loop for awhile now and have recently started getting back

Welcome back

Thanks Erich!

I just started to pick out my textures and such in Skyforce, now I'm a bit confused about the PTA integration. If I decide to use this, do I need to load up PTA and restore back my original shaders first?

In Rex Skyforce it states that if you use PTA integration, then you shouldn't install any sky textures. I'm a bit confused by this part. What's the difference between using the skytextures vs the PTA integration method? Does one have an advantage over the other when it comes to sky textures? I'm not sure which method to use here.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Aaron - some of these questions would be better served on the Rex support forums.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

REX Sky Force is not like REX Texture Direct.  We rebuilt the cloud models in the sim so that we could be better cloud structures.   Yes, it uses new cloud textures, but those are special cloud textures to be used with the cloud structures.  Instead of the standard: cumulus, stratus, cirrus, and thunderstorm, we are able to expand to generally all cloud classifications.

Sky Force will work with any weather engine on the market:  OPUS, FSGRW, Active Sky, or any freeware engine.   As recommended you just need to disable the weather engine.  As of note, we will be providing a significant update to our current weather engine with Weather Force for free to all Sky Force owners and anyone who purchases Sky Force in the future.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

What is the latest "all in one" package from REX? I have been using REX Essential Plus for so long that I have lost track of all the latest developments. If I decide to upgrade, I would want a complete package, not just one that improves the sky and cloud textures.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Weatherforce? This is getting really confusing. So Rex Skyforce is a weather engine and sky/cloud/sound/moon/lightning texture placement, and Weatherforce will be another weather engine?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Weatherforce? This is getting really confusing. So Rex Skyforce is a weather engine and sky/cloud/sound/moon/lightning texture placement, and Weatherforce will be another weather engine?

REX Sky Force - focuses on the weather aspect of the sim.  Cloud models as well as cloud, sky, sun, moon, and lightning textures and effects with a weather engine.  The weather engine within Sky Force is our standard weather engine utilizing the SDK / Simconnect.  It is limited in function.  We have been working on our "high tech" weather engine "Weather Force" for a while.  This new weather engine allows us to do things with the weather we have not been able to do with the standard engine we had in Essentials.  We are going to integrate it into Sky Force for free. It will replace the current weather engine within Sky Force.

Edited by rstough
  • Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is the latest "all in one" package from REX? I have been using REX Essential Plus for so long that I have lost track of all the latest developments. If I decide to upgrade, I would want a complete package, not just one that improves the sky and cloud textures.

We are no longer doing "all in one" package because it really limited us in our development.  So we have decided to break the programs into parts so that we could continue to advance the technology further than what we could do with the HUGE all in one product..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, rstough said:

We are no longer doing "all in one" package because it really limited us in our development.  So we have decided to break the programs into parts so that we could continue to advance the technology further than what we could do with the HUGE all in one product..

Reed

Is integration with the PMDG weather radar and a winds aloft data uplink planned?  Otherwise many will not move over to using the REX weather engine.  The lack of that feature is an Achilles heel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Reed

Is integration with the PMDG weather radar and a winds aloft data uplink planned?  Otherwise many will not move over to using the REX weather engine.  The lack of that feature is an Achilles heel

Rob at PMDG said they would take a look at this in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Reed

The upper winds data uplink is on the list to add - for that is on our end to add.  The radar is a little more complicated in that we need to get them the API, we are currently in an email exchange to discuss things.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've never really been happy with Sky Force, and progress from REX comes excruciatingly slow and I'm not sure I'll ever use SkyForce again.  I do keep checking the updates, and then going back to what I've listed below.

To unconfuse.... ActiveSky with ASCA and EVENTEX is absolutely a winner in my book and every high-end simmer i know.

Moreover, I believe HiFi will have some more things coming down the road, and the discounts they provide to existing customers makes placing my money on HiFi.

My very best wishes.

I agree completely with Dave!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You didn't have your coffee this morning my friend.  Re-read it, without the negative attitude and assumptions.

So now you also accuse me of reading with a negative attitude and assumptions. 😋 I never do that. I read your post unbiased as I read every post and what you said simply came across quite odd. That's all. Even after a re-read, with a positive attitude and no assumptions (don't even know what to assume here), saying "and every high-end simmer i know" is not needed and condescending. It puts yourself above the rest, above the apparently simple low-end simmers. "If you are a real high-end simmer (like I am) you obviously share my viewpoint." Makes me wonder who your low-end simmer friends are (if you have any) and what combo they use. 

But anyway LOL it just striked me as odd, that's all. 😉 If you don't understand what I am saying that's totally okay.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, rstough said:

REX Sky Force - focuses on the weather aspect of the sim.  Cloud models as well as cloud, sky, sun, moon, and lightning textures and effects with a weather engine.  The weather engine within Sky Force is our standard weather engine utilizing the SDK / Simconnect.  It is limited in function.  We have been working on our "high tech" weather engine "Weather Force" for a while.  This new weather engine allows us to do things with the weather we have not been able to do with the standard engine we had in Essentials.  We are going to integrate it into Sky Force for free. It will replace the current weather engine within Sky Force.

How does Environment Force fit into this equation? 

Eric