Hey guys, I need a little help on finishing my FSX build. Can yall point me in the right direction/forum to ask questions about hardware and software setups. Thanks in advance for the assistance

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I do have one question for you, though. If you're building a new system, is there any particular reason why you would continue to use FSX rather than upgrade to either P3D V4 or X-plane 11. I'm just curious. Ultimately, the choice is really yours.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have all the payware for FSX from my old system. Basically a rebuild for FSX. But would it be possible to use all of those payware on P3D? 

4 hours ago, Evanburris1 said:

I have all the payware for FSX from my old system. Basically a rebuild for FSX. But would it be possible to use all of those payware on P3D? 

Most yes and some no, depends on what your invested in....For example ORBX yes, and PMDG no

You can go through each third party and find out, sometimes it is better to migrate over and just pay to upgrade the few items that require new installers. A new build with P3Dv4 would be much better compared to trying to get more out if FSX

Matthew Kane

Totally agree. 

If you have any Aerosoft products, chances are you can upgrade most of their products to a "professional" version for a small fee.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Agree with Kevin. P3Dv4 is definitely the way forward. Yes, you will need to fork out some cash, but probably not nearly as much as you might think. And you will be up to date.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough