Sign in to follow this  
Evanburris1

Help with FSX Rebuild!!???? Thanks

I am currently in the middle of rebuilding my FSX system and not very computer inclined my old system crashed 4 years ago and just now getting around to building a new one. Im sure there has been much improvement with the tech  since then .... I have all the payware that one would like to not have to purchase again $$$$$$$$$$ 😞 . I have started with the following parts and need assistance on which OPSYS is best to run for Windows?(old system was wn7) Is it possible to transfer the payware saved on my external from my crashed pc to the new pc, or will I have an IP address issue? Also I see screen shots from various payware on FB and wonder how the back ground and scenery looks real? Following are new parts acquired:

I7-7700K Kaby Lake

1050Ti 4 HDMI output 

TM Warthog 

Logi Autopilot panel 

Logi Rudder Pedals

What is best opinion for mother boards? Tower is designed for 240mm cooling????? Also will be adding various plug in panels in the future like the Logi multi display and things of that nature. Will they be a power issue or a CPU/GPU issue? PC parts picker did a good job with the basics I would like some guidance on how to set this up for the best optimal performance and dependability. I know its a lot but Thank you in advance for the help...!!!!!!!!!

So far, your post is sounding more like a computer rebuild rather than rebuilding FSX.  I'm moving this topic over to the Hardware Forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If you want to run only Fsx and not P3d. you could save a little on cpu by taking an i5 7600k and as a gpu 1060 by 3 or 6 gb because the 1050 is not worth what it costs. you can always run p3d if you want but you can not surely have all the settings on ultra, also what resolution would you fly? Happy flying, Bruco

The best windows for flying is windows 10. For the storage I hope you can get a 250gb 960 evo and use the old hdd of your old pc for store the flight simulator. For the motherboard I think that the best thing to do is take an Msi Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon as it’s cheap but offers incredibles performances. Alternative you can take an Asus Rog Z270F or E. Happy fliyng