Sign in to follow this  
jarleij16

Bouncing throttle

Hello everyone,

Lately i've been having some problems in my flight sim. After days of searching for a topic on this, i found some similar things but not exactly the same.

I've been using the saitek yoke and throttle quadrant for some years now without any complications. However, a couple of weeks ago i started up a flight and i noticed that the throttles keep bouncing up and down. I dont move my levers but in game, they just keep moving like 20% up and down. This makes it impossible to taxi and land. 

I think it might be a hardware problem because when I calibrate my throttles, the thing that shows at what position the levers are bounces as well.

I hope someone here had the same problem and found a solution.

Thanks in advance

Jarmo

(I post for the first time so if i did anything wrong, sorry for that)

Edited by jarleij16

HI 

this is known problem that cannot really be fixed, you have dirty pots...

you can strip it down and clean them but the problem will return. How long before is anyone’s guess but it will return. 

This problem is actually massive when it comes to controlling the plane properly, making your sim session stressful when it should be the opposite.

you need a controller that uses hall sensors, they are magnetic. Saitek use copper tracks that wear out.

i went and bought a thrustmaster warthog HOTAS because it uses hall sensors( and looks real nice, also metal construction) - check it out. Expensive yes but I’ve had it goin on 3 years now and still no spikes in any axis.

take a jet for instance where you can set the thrust by the decimal point 

98.7%

because hall sensors are so accurate I’m able to set thrust by decimal point 

so 98.8% 98.9% no problem.

you wouldn’t be able to achieve this accuracy with a brand new throttle from saitek. 

Luke Pype

Also trying to flair properly with the saitek yoke just makes you look like a bad pilot 👨‍✈️ 

you pull towards you to flair but the THING sticks, so you pull a little harder...the THING still don’t move so you pull a little harder and then bam, the shaft suddenly lets go and you take off again! 

There good for about 6 months after that it’s a paper weight, albeit a larger one.

Luke Pype

Thanks for the reply!

I hoped it wasnt a hardware problem, but i guess its time for a new set of gear. Thanks for the tip on the throttle. Will look in to it! 

5 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

HI 

this is known problem that cannot really be fixed, you have dirty pots...

you can strip it down and clean them but the problem will return. How long before is anyone’s guess but it will return. 

This problem is actually massive when it comes to controlling the plane properly, making your sim session stressful when it should be the opposite.

you need a controller that uses hall sensors, they are magnetic. Saitek use copper tracks that wear out.

i went and bought a thrustmaster warthog HOTAS because it uses hall sensors( and looks real nice, also metal construction) - check it out. Expensive yes but I’ve had it goin on 3 years now and still no spikes in any axis.

take a jet for instance where you can set the thrust by the decimal point 

98.7%

because hall sensors are so accurate I’m able to set thrust by decimal point 

so 98.8% 98.9% no problem.

you wouldn’t be able to achieve this accuracy with a brand new throttle from saitek. 

Can i use the throttle alone in combination with my saitek yoke? 

You can buy the throttle separately yes it’s usb connection

i strongly advise the combination throttle and stick though.

Luke Pype

I had this problem, squirted WD40 Contact Cleaner into the quadrant slots, seemed to cure the problem, worked OK.  Maybe worth a try (at your own risk).

Echofox