Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

F1 GTN 750 unresposive - GRRRRRRR!!

Hello all, anyone find a solution to this re-occurring, though intermittent, problem with the GTN? Once the plane is loaded into P3D and the avionics turned on, the GTN proceeds to behave like a jerk - unresponsive with that idiotic "gong" sound every time you press an option. When it does this, changing planes and/or reloading P3D simply doesn't fix it. Only a reboot seems to work. Anyone come across this nuisance and is there a way to fix it in-sim?

I tried googling this type of behavior and could not find anything. HELP!

Mario Di Lauro

Never seen this behaviour... have you contacted Flight1 support?

Maybe a permissions problem. Did you install the GTNs with admin rights and it is up to date?

Andrew

I was hoping to find answers here before contacting F1 (taking the lazy route for now).

As I mentioned, after a reboot, when this does occur (not that often but often enough to be annoying), all works well so it isn't permissions. But thanks for the reply!

Mario Di Lauro

When I run into this problem there are multiple instances of the gtn... running. I turn off the avionics, press control alt delete...in the task manager click on the details tab. Now find all gtn...instances and close them down. Now go back and turn on the avionics to restart the gtn...should run ok now.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

3 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

When I run into this problem there are multiple instances of the gtn... running. I turn off the avionics, press control alt delete...in the task manager click on the details tab. Now find all gtn...instances and close them down. Now go back and turn on the avionics to restart the gtn...should run ok now.

NICE ONE! I will try this next time it occurs! Thanks!

Mario Di Lauro

FWIW, I had something similar in the past that seemed to happen when the panel was aliased from another model, in my case the Carenado Premier. Once I copied the complete panel to the aliased model, everything worked fine, and I haven't had any more problems as long as I follow the same procedure. Might be worth checking if this is the case with yours...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

6 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

FWIW, I had something similar in the past that seemed to happen when the panel was aliased from another model, in my case the Carenado Premier. Once I copied the complete panel to the aliased model, everything worked fine, and I haven't had any more problems as long as I follow the same procedure. Might be worth checking if this is the case with yours...

Russ

Hmmmm... Russ, not sure what you mean by aliased model.

Mario Di Lauro

22 hours ago, tamsini said:

Hmmmm... Russ, not sure what you mean by aliased model.

Sorry. If you look at the panel folders of aircraft with several different models, you will find that some of them may have just a panel.cfg in them. If you open the panel.cfg, you will find an entry like this:

[fltsim]
alias=\Carenado 390_Premier_IA\panel

This was the from the panel.cfg of the Carenado 390 Premier 1A Lite version.

When you load this aircraft, it will use the panel from the mentioned aircraft. When I used the lite aircraft this way, the GTN would freeze up after a few seconds. Once I copied all of the panel files from the non-lite version to the lite version, including the panel.cfg,, It worked fine.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)