Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Excellent Response by FSLabs

5 hours ago, tooting said:

Matthias from Aerosoft has said much worse things about fsl, but no one gives a 💩 about that do they. 

Rob is right the fsl is a fantastic product, but no ones forcing you to watch froggle, and no ones forcing you to agree with him or not. And if you don't agree with him it's means Jack💩 , it's just one person's opinion, thats all

Aerosoft had good reason to be mad at FSL, but it's all water under the bridge now.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

they are also giving away spotlights now for free ??

14ppkc-6.png

43 minutes ago, tooting said:

they are also giving away spotlights now for free ??

Indeed

I own it and i use it extensively to create good landing/taxy lights and good ambient lights

Edited by xender

Juan Ramos

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

We deserve what is provided for us to acquire legitimately. They have every right to protect their products providing it’s within the law.

If you think programmers of the quality of Andrew Wilson and Lefteris et al grow on trees you are mistaken. They are in the elite group. Not all programmers are.

Many are probably League 2 or lower lever if you follow English football. We should be very grateful of their skills. If their work is stolen some may eventually decide its not worth the effort.

I really wish someone would attack the sites that provide these pirated copies. Then they might reflect on their actions.

Couldn't agree more Ray, funny thing is everybody is talking about ethics from FSlabs.

But what about the fact that almost no one is discussing about that scam that download / hack en crack software and websites.

Those people are the curse of our community and will harm our hobby also in many ways...

Makes you wonder why there is a protection system to begin with, if everyone here uses legitimate software?

The only way to fight piracy is to start with yourself and your children and to learn them that is not done to obtain illegal software. 

As for the A319 it will be an instant purchase 🙂

André

19 minutes ago, tooting said:

So someone please explain to me after buying this product why should I not be extremely annoyed that they are giving away. These guys are on another level of stupid

Are you enjoying it any less just because now its free? Is your enjoyment of the product proportional to other people not having it? I'm also a customer and i cant care any less about it being free. the product fills a need that i had a while ago. It was payware so i paid for it. If now its free, great for them and i hope lots of people benefit from it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Juan Ramos

6 minutes ago, awf said:

But what about the fact that almost no one is discussing about that scam that download / hack en crack software and websites.

Those people are the curse of our community and will harm our hobby also in many ways...

Makes you wonder why there is a protection system to begin with, if everyone here uses legitimate software?

The only way to fight piracy is to start with yourself and your children and to learn them that is not done to obtain illegal software.

Discussion about cracked software is frowned on here except in very general terms like this. of course people should never post links to any site that hosts it. That's likely to result in an instant ban. We know these places exist - why doesn't Google remove links to any site that is 'dodgy'? There's ethics for you!

Software has to be protected to a certain degree if only to prevent those who have purchased it passing it onto their friends. Personally, I have no problem with any software 'calling home' every few weeks for the registration to be validated. But any code like that will no doubt be removed by hackers. Hence the difficulty making it crack-proof.

You're quite right in saying education on this starts at home.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, tooting said:

...and if I was still back at easy I'd have a little chat with Andy in the orange tree and tell him to sort out his company, him and lefteris really are knobs

Comments like that aren't going to endear you to others or those who you insult. And incidentally, it's not free - it's donationware. There is a difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, tooting said:

Thanks god you don't have to buy anything from them! 😉

Edited by charliearon
Deleted what was said by tooting
  • Upvote 1

Juan Ramos

Let's all breathe deeply and realign our IRS's

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see that tooting also unintentionally  managed to make point germane to the Internet and the FSL issue. AVSim has always had stringent policy against profanity. Personally, I'm benign about online profanity but I can see the point of limiting its  use even if it only makes a minority of people uncomfortable.

So he used an emoji to get around the site censor bot. It just demonstrates that no matter how many rules are imposed on the Internet, clever people will find a way around them. FSL finally figured that out.

The only thing that i hope is that we get to see the Concorde sometime next year. Can you imagine? A concorde with today's quality inside a 64bits environment?! wow.

I also wish they do some side projects too, like a 747-200 or a business jet.

Juan Ramos

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

why doesn't Google remove links to any site

For the same reason that Ed Sheering's manager, on Radio 4 consumer programme railed against ticket reseller ViaGoGo, who have been proved to be rip-off ticket sellers, and how despite Ed Sheering's managerial/ticket organisers barring his concert tickets appearing at ViaGoGo's site, Google still takes ticket-seekers to ViaGoGo's site.

I personally have had a bad taste in the mouth from ViaGoGo, when I was seeking a ticket for a concert in Liverpool in October. Only sheer luck saved me from shelling out over £400 at ViaGoGo for an £80, that I luckily managed to get directly from the box office.

That's what Sheering and others are trying to prevent, yet Google does precisely opposite of the question you ask. Why, as asked on that R4 programme? Because Google is only interested in the big bucks not ethics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Personally, I have no problem with any software 'calling home' every few weeks for the registration to be validated.

Personally I too agree with you (without giving the game away,Ray, what we .........)

Rick,

Got it in one. Google have no morals. Even searching for passport renewal showed a scam site first with the official UK GOV one a few further down. 😡

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Having said that, I think it's appropriate to celebrate those developers who provide outstanding products, superior customer service and ethical treatment of their customers.  To that end, I'd like to thank Majestic, PMDG, F++,  HIFi, QW, Aerosoft and A2A.  A special thanks to F++; those guys will go through enormous lengths to meet your needs...including adding features you requested.  Thank you for everything you do!

Who are F++?