Sign in to follow this  
Norm

Cannot get camera to move

Pardon the question as I am new to Chase Plane. (migrated from ezdok2)

Maybe, I just don't understand the instructions correctly? Being in my 70's has it's toll????

If I assign a  button to move left or right or pan (or any movement), it doesn't do anything when I am in a preset cam?

The only way I can get the view to change (for example) look out the left window) is to hold the spacebar and move the mouse! Am I doing this correctly?

I would also like to have this flexibility to move around when in spot plane mode>

I'm sure it is just me that's doing it wrong!

By the way none of the buttons are otherwise assigned in FSX or FSUIPC

Thank you

Norm

Edited by Norm
add a line

Ni Norm,

Please generate a Report file from the Preferences after observing the issue and send the file over to us via email

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I will do that.

One thing though, I am using dual monitors will that be anything to do with it?

Norm

New info:

I just discovered that none of my fsx views are working?

(I restored default views to test) When I try to change to a view like snap left or right, nothing changes??.

They were working before I installed Chaseplane? I also tried uninstalling Chaseplane but that did not fix it?

Is anyone out there?

Maybe I am not explaining my problem clearly?

Basically, I can not use my hat switch or any buttons or keys to look around the cockpit or even outside views? All I can do is hold spacebar and move the mouse which allows in cockpit movement (But not on outside views)

I cannot understand the lack of replies, is it just me?

I did  send the report as requested 2 days ago but have not heard any response??

Also, I forgot to add: As soon as I installed CP, all my FSX views ceased to be operational ( as I am an ex ezdok user,I am aware of the conflicts issues with view controls). So, as soon as I install CP I cannot tilt pan or anything but, as soon as I remove CP they come back?

Afterthought: I thought it was stressful enough raising 3 kids but, this takes the ticket!  LOL

Edited by Norm

You heard back from us, look carefully at the timestamps of our emails.

Is the issue solved or is that something else that we haven't fixed with you via email?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

"You heard back from us, look carefully at the timestamps of our emails."

I am confused.

Obviously there is some confusion here. I only got one email basically acknowledging the report but nothing else till today by which time the problem was fixed?

On 6/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, Norm said:

Maybe I am not explaining my problem clearly?

Norm,

Can I ask a quick question about how you look around? When I'm actually inside the aircraft, there is only one place I know I can be, which is sitting in the captain's seat. I'm not aware, in P3D or FSX, of how you move around the aircraft.  This is quite important for setting up Chaseplane I think.  Like you, all I use is spacebar+mouse button, but that doesn't change your position, only your view.

This would help, especially when the captain wants to visit the, erm, toilet, and when I want to set up my views.

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings.

In CP, you can assign button to do the same thing and when you're where you want to save a view just assign (capture) the position as a view.

Back when I was working with Keven (the ChasePlane dev) he gave me a piece of advice that changed everything for me... that was to purchase an inexpensive Xbox Controller (less than $20 at Walmart) and use it exclusively for ChasePlane views.  Man, I tell you what... there is nothing better, and I don't have to remember what flaming keyboard assignment does what.  In fact, I rarely use the keyboard for anything in flight sim (I have a few hardware devices, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, Multi-Panel and the full suit of controllers).

Anyway, the XBox controller sits off to the side and I use it strickly for ChasePlane.  I can't recommend it enough.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Anyway, the XBox controller sits off to the side and I use it strickly for ChasePlane.  I can't recommend it enough

That sounds good. I have an XBox that I don't use now, but it's an XBox 360. The controllers are wireless, and to be honest I don't know what functionality they use to get to the XBox (is is Bluetooth?). If I went through the XBox way, might be worth me going to get a new one. Is your for XBox One? Is it Bluetooth for any PC?

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings

Oh, btw, this is brilliant. For some reason I have never used this kind of functionality in the sim, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

59 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Oh, btw, this is brilliant. For some reason I have never used this kind of functionality in the sim, so I'll give it a go.

Thanks, Gaz

Most welcome Gaz.

Happy flights my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

That sounds good. I have an XBox that I don't use now, but it's an XBox 360. The controllers are wireless, and to be honest I don't know what functionality they use to get to the XBox (is is Bluetooth?). If I went through the XBox way, might be worth me going to get a new one. Is your for XBox One? Is it Bluetooth for any PC?

Gaz

I don't use a wireless XBox controller, so mine is connected via a USB cable.  I did however Google "Connect Xbox Controller to PC" and below is what it came up with:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

Seems pretty straight forward so I don't think you'll have much difficulty.

By the way, a lot of people seem to create each aircraft profile from scratch, but I just use the same profile for each aircraft given the only views I use ChasePlane for are external and airport views and internally the Pilot, Copilot, Jumpseat and overhead.  For everything else I use 2D popup panels (CDU/MDCU), the hat switch, or my TrackIR - the TrackIR integration with Chaseplane wasn't straight forward (easy), but Keven took it on and did a incredible job with it!

There is no doubt in my mind that ChasePlane is one of those incredible addons that hit our community about every 5 years or so... it's just that damned good!  A real piece of ingenuity and art.  Keven Meynard and his team at FSFX really make their mark on our hobby, and the rest of their addons are terrific as well!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

Great stuff - I'm looking forward to getting it up and running. I'll get the details from the other thread and let you know the specs, etc, of my system. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook