Sign in to follow this  
Norm

Cannot get camera to move

22 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In the sim (not using CP) you can use a combination of keys like Control=Enter to move right and Control-Backspace to move Left.  Alt Enter/Backspace for up and down, etc.  You'll find this mapping in your P3D Control Settings

Sorry to be a bother again, but now that I have Clearview working, it has stopped me from moving around in P3D! That means I can't move anywhere, and then set it up in the list of PRESETS. CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE, for example, should move my eye viewpoint left - but all of these movement are doing nothing. Where the checkbox is set in P3D for that setting or not, it doesn't matter, it doesn't work - check it out here.

Any reason why it would do that?

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

3 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Edited by Gary McCluskey

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

You have to set those controls in ChasePlane's Preferences, not Prepar3D. Everything that has to do with cameras have to be set in CP and removed from P3D to prevent conflicts.

There is a User Manual here explaining basic functionalities of CP: 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

You have to set those controls in ChasePlane's Preferences

Thanks Kevin.  I've discovered that I seem to be able to do it on the CAMERA-CONTROLS area of Chaseplane.

Out of interest, what keys or joystick commands do you recommend for moving, rather than looking around?  I don't have an XBox controller - is that something I should look into?

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

41 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks Kevin.  I've discovered that I seem to be able to do it on the CAMERA-CONTROLS area of Chaseplane.

Out of interest, what keys or joystick commands do you recommend for moving, rather than looking around?  I don't have an XBox controller - is that something I should look into?

Gaz

I personally use AWSD for directions and QE for up and down (like what’s used for most games) but a lot of people like to use the arrow keys.

I Pan and Tilt the camera around using the mouse as most people do.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

38 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Gaz

Well... As I wrote before, Keven recommended to me using an Xbox controller and it made life not only easier, but SWEET! 

But if you are resolved to using keys, then please go into your P3D settings and see what the keys you're thinking of using do.  You'll also be able to see what key/key combinations do in P3D and you can always unassign those which you do not need and then use those for ChasePlane. In other words, the assignment of keys in simply a personal choice thus it's difficult for someone to make this recommendation.  Difficult, but notimpossible, but it's still better to figure this out on your own.

Best wishes my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As I wrote before, Keven recommended to me using an Xbox controller and it made life not only easier, but SWEET! 

An Xbox controller is practical in some situations but not all. It allows for great and precise camera moves but it’s by no means a transparent solution to moving the camera

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

AWSD for directions and QE 

Thanks both of you. 

Out of interest what did AWSD stand for? According to Google, its Aid Worker Security Database! 🤣

Also, QE? 

Gaz on Facebook

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks both of you. 

Out of interest what did AWSD stand for? According to Google, its Aid Worker Security Database! 🤣

Also, QE? 

WASD sorry my mistake

Otj4Xcm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Q for down and E for up

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

WASD sorry my mistake

Thanks mate - I should've seen it, anyway. Its too late here in London for me to think straight! 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

I also use 1, 2 and 3 to quickly go On-Board, Outside and Static.

CP will remember the previous camera positions when you switch between them. 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks mate, I'll take a look at this stuff. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook