Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why this rush for v5? V4 is still amazing

Hi all,

Just wondering, I see many posts of people mentioning that P3D v5 is coming soon. Where this information is coming from? I'm unaware. The latest version of v4 is coming hopefully this month and in my view v4 is still new and amazing.

I don't get why some think v5 is coming the next months. I would assume that v4 needs to mature more before a new version. Personally I would expect v5 at least after Q2 2019.

I enjoy immensely v4 still some add-ons (mostly scenery) are not yet converted. If I miss something I'd be glad to let me know.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Agree. V4 has matured very well and even though v 4.3 hasn't dropped yet, I'm really happy with my current setup.  The great thing about it all is that the future looks bright for the foreseeably

• Like 1

I think the conversation stems from recent talks, from a podcast or blog of some sort, with Lockheed Martin. They mentioned a new render engine, which was slated for V5. That obviously piqued the interest of many, which could mean fixes for a number of visual issues P3D has been suffering with (cloud shadows disappearing and reappearing when looking around) or just the addition of physical based rendering, akin to X-Plane. We might even see fixes for the dynamic lights being such a performance hog or general performance gains. All sounds really interesting.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It is just logic. Just look at the time between the releases. Now 4.3 and in autumn it will be 4.4... After that, we are heading straight towards v5... My guess would be spring 2019... but of course nothing is known.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I'm more than happy with V4. - That and the X-***** are more than enough for my sim needs.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

34 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I don't get why some think v5 is coming the next months. I would assume that v4 needs to mature more before a new version. Personally I would expect v5 at least after Q2 2019.

Don't forget, there are many guys who don't use their P3D and their addons for flying, they buyed it just for update purposes of wailing and moaning 😂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

V3 still working very well for me. 😁

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Pfft ... I hear P3D v7 will be super sweet.   8k @60fps solid with all sliders right with VR. Real time based rendering with updated imagery. (whatever that means)  😏

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Amazingly, but only 3-4 years ago we were complaining that FS-platform is dead and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Now we're facing a new release per 2 year and complaining again

• Upvote 2

Well, if it includes PBR and a new rendering-engine, I think v5 can't get here soon enough! 😊

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

10 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Is somebody forcing you to upgrade against your will to version 5? You have no issues so no one else should?

OMG what is it with everyone today.  I don't think that's the way it was meant.  

I think we should all switch ourselves off and back on again.  

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Amazingly, but only 3-4 years ago we were complaining that FS-platform is dead and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Now we're facing a new release per 2 year and complaining again

:laugh:

André

17 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Is somebody forcing you to upgrade against your will to version 5? You have no issues so no one else should?

I am referring to some comments of the type "I'm not buying this add-on, v5 is coming soon I'd rather wait" or similar. An attitude from some that v5 is just around the corner that I find confusing when we are still waiting for v4.3. I thought maybe I miss something. Yes, v4.2 is very stable for most people and any update is more than welcome (including v5). However, the truth is rather that v5 is not around the corner, so I find all discussion about it distracting. Lets focus on what we have and what is coming soon and enjoy that. Of course we want PBR and of course we want a new rendering engine. The question is why to bother talking for something that is not coming for another year? I see that quite often lately and I wanted to try to ask and put these rumors to the right perspective. 

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Don't forget, there are many guys who don't use their P3D and their addons for flying, they buyed it just for update purposes of wailing and moaning 😂

is this not how it works?  I have 10 times more effort into installing/forums then actual flight 🙂