Sign in to follow this  
CAP320

Long loading time PMDG 777

Hello,

When I load in a scenario in the PMDG 777 it usally takes 1 minute for it to load up to 80% but then it stops there for like 5 minutes and after that it loads in slowly. Is there any way I can fix this?

I use P3D v4.2

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note that their rules ask us to sign our full name on all posts.

I assume you are talking about the length of time it takes P3D to load the scenario.... the hang at 80% indicates you have an issue with scenery loading, not aircraft.  Are you using high texture resolution?  Using high resolution terrain textures does really slow down loading but it is not normal to hang at one point during the load for more than a few seconds.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your answer. I have high reolution terrain textures unticked, so it might not be that. 

2 hours ago, CAP320 said:

Thank you for your answer. I have high reolution terrain textures unticked, so it might not be that. 

But it still could be related to scenery.  Start by turning each addon off until the pause at 80% loading goes away...... or turn off all addon to check for a difference.  Just plain old troubleshooting by elimination.

Dan Downs KCRP

And AI traffic, although from what I understand from the op this only happens with the 777? 

Luke Pype

Any photoreal scenery is huge and needs a LOT of time. I had this when I had a complete photoreal of Spain... it was more or less unusable due to the loading times.