Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Blue Screen has me puzzled

In the last 2 weeks or so, I've been getting the dreaded Blue Screen (BSD).  The only hardware I added to my Windows 10 (latest update) system has been a Canon ink jet printer (model TR8520).  The screen reads as follows:

Bluescreen: C

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info and then you can restart."

Stop Code: Driver_IRQL_NOT_NET10.SYS 

LESS_OR_EQUAL

I would really appreciate any advice you can give me to correct this hardware and/or software problem.

Thank you.

Stan

ps.  I only get this screen once or twice per day.   Most of the time, computer runs well.

Edited by spilok

Does the error log give any clues?

what are you doing when it happens? 

Does it happen when it’s left idling?

have you googled the error?

how old is the system / components ? 

Just a few questions to get the ball rolling 😁

Luke Pype

Normally this is hardware / driver issue. 

Any driver updates recently? 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Driver issue for sure, i already experience that! Drivers that are bugged or not compliant with the windows 10 release that you have.

Try to update all your drivers, you can use driver booster for example https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Try to remove the drivers from you printer, since it was the last thing that you added, and see if the problem goes away, if it does, check the latest and correct drivers for you OS.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I have only experienced the "BSD" once.  It happened right after I changed a setting in my NVidia Control panel.  I change the "Quality" setting to "Performance" and all hell broke loose. I changed it back and, to date, no more BSD.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK... reinstalled the Canon drivers.  Let's see what happens.  Of course, I have updated the latest Nvidia Drivers in the last 2 weeks as well.  That too can be the problem.  I will stay in touch with you to report this.

Thanks for the Driver direction you're pointing me to on this.

Stan

I've only had a BSD once, due to a corrupt file inside my Windows folder that refrain Windows to do the Windows Updates. Just to add another possible reason.

Good luck. Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Well, it certainly wasn't my Canon printer driver.  I reinstalled that and I still had 1 blue screen per day afterwards.  I regressed back to my 395.35 video driver (Nvidia) after using their latest 398.11 driver.  There is word on the video card forum that the latest Nvidia driver HAS caused problems and crashes for some.

We'll see if the video driver was the culprit.  Tomorrow and the next day will determine if that was it.

Stan

Hello,

Well, it certainly wasn't my Canon printer driver.  I reinstalled that

with all due respect, you were advised to remove the driver and test.

If a driver is at fault, reinstalling it will simply replace the fault.

Edited by nolonger

I had issues when I updated the latest windows update, the sim kept crashing which was unusual for me. 

I uninstalled the latest windows update and since then the crash I kept having has disappeared.  From what I’ve seen some people with the latest update have been having issues and some haven’t. 

So maybe try this and test? Takes literally seconds to uninstall the update 

Paul Wain

Crossing my fingers but I think that Nvidia 398.11 graphic driver might have been the culprit.  No blue screens all day after I went back to the 395.35.

Hope I didn't speak too soon...but I'm kinda happy!

Stan

Sounds like you found the problem.

About your printer driver. If you installed the printer and driver from a disc that came with it, that doesn't mean you have the latest driver. Depending on how long the printer was on the shelf there could be newer drivers from the manufacturer. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I thought so too.....but, that wasn't it.  After a day or so, we had a couple of blues.  I downloaded CC Cleaner yesterday and after an analysis, there were a ton of cookies and various other temp files, etc. etc.

I deleted the recommended files and had NO blue screens all day.  In the 2nd day now, so I'll keep you informed.  Everyone points to a "hardware" issue when blue screens appear.  I believe them, but I also think that cookies and unwanted files can create havoc with a computer.

We'll see.

Stan

Yes....that's interesting.  Malawarebytes was installed prior to the blue screens!  Hmmm?

Stan