Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Blue Screen has me puzzled

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my system due to its' memory impact.  I have 16gb of 2300 DDR4 installed and normally memory usage at idle is around 15 to 16%. After installing the latest Malwarebytes, my idle usage went up to 35% and stayed there. I spent a couple of days trying to find the problem and when I uninstalled Malwarebytes, my usage dropped back to less than 15%.  However, YMMV.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Malwarebytes clearly effects different systems in different ways. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Malwarebytes Premium, both fully updated, and have no issues. The only time I've noticed any change in resource usage (CPU or memory) is when it's doing a scheduled full system scan.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Not a single BSD since I removed Malawarebytes.   Thank You.

Stan

12 hours ago, spilok said:

Not a single BSD since I removed Malawarebytes.   Thank You.

Stan

But did the blue screens not stop after you had a cleanup with CCleaner (and before you'd removed Malwarebytes)? Most people seem to be unaffected by Malwarebytes.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Ah, Malwarebytes. I wouldn't be without it. I also wouldn't pay for the full version. As Vortex says, everyone has different experiences with it. I've worked with systems where I had to turn off so many functions that the free version worked better. But now when you download the free version, you get the full version for two weeks in an effort to get you to buy the full one. Can't blame 'em. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

CC cleaner seemed to help, and I got a day and a half with no blue screens....but, alas, they came back.  So far, over 5 days without Malawarebytes, and no blue screens.  Go figure!

Stan

Ccleaner isn't intended to do anything with BSOD. I suggest you really need to go into event viewer and find the real fault. MB might be it, or something that interfered with it. Which means that there is still a problem. 

As for MS updates, I've never had a real problem. As you know most of them are security updates. extremely important in this day and age. Most of the last big virus attacks, MS had already issued patches for but some IT folks didn't deploy them in a timely fashion, and paid the price. 

• Upvote 1

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Got my new Jetline computer.  However, I did solve the BSD on my old Jetline by removing Malawarebytes.

Stan

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, vortex681 said:

Malwarebytes clearly effects different systems in different ways. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Malwarebytes Premium, both fully updated, and have no issues. The only time I've noticed any change in resource usage (CPU or memory) is when it's doing a scheduled full system scan.

same  here  no issues  at all looks  it  effects  some  and  not  others  suppose  it  depends  on what other  programs  are  install as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg