Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

My uncle is a fed-ex pilot.....

So my uncle is a fed-ex pilot, he did fly the md11 for a long time and is now an active 777 captain, would pmdg want to pick he  brain?

For what reason exactly. The 777-200LR, -300ER, and freighter have already been out for a few years now, so I'm a little confused as to what this would accomplish.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

A software developer such as PMDG may be interested in what he might be able to tell them about flight operations in relation to developing their Global Flight Operations add on, however, I should think they probably already have approached anyone they needed to in regard to that. Besides which, he might not be free to reveal company-specific info regardless of whether he personally was interested in doing so. Certainly I should think he would need clearance from Fed Ex to do so, and the chances are they'd say no.

Most companies are not really inclined to reveal details of their operations to just anyone, for obvious business and security reasons. Given that Fed Ex had that incredible incident with the DC-10 operating Fed Ex Flight 705 from Memphis to San Jose, I should think they are certainly not gonna want to have personnel handing out info they don't need to, and even if they did, they might also be prevented from doing so by the airport authorities.

Personally, I know my own company, and MAG, don't exactly encourage us to take photographs on the ramp at EGCC; they don't stop us, but if we do, we always make sure pictures aren't giving anything away which might compromise security. It's unfortunate, because flight simmers like all that sort of thing and wouldn't use it for any dodgy reasons, but if the info is out there, others could do so and we are made very aware of that on the GSAT certification, moreover, businesses and airport authorities will always take the view that security is more important than a flight sim for entertainment.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

the DC-10

The DC-10 and the MD-11 are really not the same airplane, two different type ratings.  I liked the DC-10 better because I prefer a three man crew, it makes the Captain's job much easier (just my opinion). The MD-11 is more fun to fly, but like a buddy of mine said - "It's like my ex., fun to fly but unforgiving." 🙂

I always thought that the PMDG MD-11 was one of their best especially considering the technology that was in place in the flight sim world at the time it was developed.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

2 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

The DC-10 and the MD-11 are really not the same airplane

Never said they were, I was referring to a specific security related incident which occurred on a DC-10 with Fed Ex. 🙂

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

One of my motorcycle riding friends (before I got run over and almost killed 2 years ago) was retired military and retired FedEx pilot.  He didn't do flight simming, and when I told him about it and asked him where I could get FedEx schedules for my own flight simming, he laughed at me and said, "Ain't gonna happen".  FedEx is really tight-lipped about their operations, primarily for security reasons according to him. I can't blame them what with all the screwballs in the world today who do stupid stuff if given the chance.

Rick Ryan

Yeah i didnt know, but if it was to help them out with some questions i could of pointed him to the team. I understand that they probley have all the info they need, i was just wandering.

• Like 2

Hi Larry, 

I do not speak on PMDG's behalf, however based on my time in the forum and other similar posts my recommendation would be to submit a ticket within their support portal. That can be found at https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/ 

If you have not used the portal before, you will need to register (registration is separate and independent to any store account you may have). This forum is mostly for user-to-user support, whereas the support portal is their official contact line so you'll be more likely to get the attention of someone who can assist.

You may not be aware of PMDG's forum rules requesting that all users sign all their posts with their first and last name. It's highly encouraged to set up a signature block in your Avsim profile.

Best of luck - always worth asking the question as you won't know if you don't ask. 

Not worth it....

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

7 hours ago, LarryImler said:

So my uncle is a fed-ex pilot, he did fly the md11 for a long time and is now an active 777 captain, would pmdg want to pick he  brain?

Might be better posting here. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122623-mcdonnell-douglas-md-11-by-rotate/&tab=comments#comment-1180586

• Like 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

15 hours ago, LarryImler said:

Ignore the noise.  PMDG had several Fedex pilot's on board during MD11 and 777 beta testing; however, since there is no resources assigned to any further development of the MD11 I don't think there's a need for such a collaboration.  B77L Technical experts, engineers, mechanics and flight crew are always welcome to submit their credentials and expressed interest to PMDG directly via the Product Support portal.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP