Sign in to follow this  
Dan Jones

RXP FSX Pop-up display stopped working (pop-up window disappears)

My RXP has been working without an issue for 6 months now on every aircraft I configured it for (add-on menu).  I recently installed the Alabeo C207 and configured this plane for the pop-up GNS 530, the configuration appeared to work as expected.

now when I attempt to pull up the RXP system from the views menu it pops-up as normal but immediately disappears.  It is happening on all my aircraft now that were previously configured which were working as expected.

Edited by Dan Jones
Added additional information

I’ve checked all of the config files for previous aircraft that were working and every thing appears correct.  The previous configurations were on many different vendors and aircraft types.

the system was working perfectly except that I need to update the database with more recent GPS points.

all other pop-ups from the Views\instruments pull down work as expected.  I’ve checked these on several different aircraft.  

I’ve undocked the main FSX window to see if the GNS was behind the main panel\ window and it was not.

i uninstalled the Alabeo C207 as well, rebooted the computer and still have the same issue.

on aircraft that were working correctly I used the add-on config option to restore the original configuration than re-configured for the pop-up GPS display.

what happens is this, I click on views\instrument\Reality GNS and a window pops-up  in the top left hand of the screen just like it should.  Then it immediately disappears.  If I go back to the vews\instruments pull down the XPS line is checked showing it’s active but no display.

at a loss here on where to look next.

will review the log files this evening to see if that points me in the right direction.

Edited by Dan Jones

Hi, have you checked your anti-virus for any 'RXP' quarantined item?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, have you checked your anti-virus for any 'RXP' quarantined item?

Hi Jean-Luc
Windows Defender gave me a couple false positives last week. Can't recall which GNS file it was. But it quarantined it against my instructions. For the time being it's working now.

Checked my Windows Defender and nothing was flagged.  I ran a quick scan with no negative results.  I started up the Sim and tried to spawn the RXP GNS to see if there was a run-time flag,  nothing has flagged.  Since the same issue.  

I guess I could try and start a FSX recording and upload that if it helps.   I did notice that the image/picture in the RXP window is pops up is the FXS startup image.  I also flagged the RealityXP directory to exclude it as well.

If by chance defender flagged the executable and then deleted it would this cause the problem?  Where is the executable file stored?

Defender will quarantine files but alert you before deleting them.  You can dig into Defender and find a list of any quarantined files. No time right now to use my Defender to better advise you, but I have had to do this in the past for myself and you can certainly do the same.  It may, or may not be the root cause of your issue.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well, I reinstalled the system,  made sure my virus protection was not blocking and even turned my virus protection completely off.  

Still the the same issue.  I restored my aircraft and reconfigured them again.  Same issue.

guess I’ll be looking for another GPS for my simulator.  I’m not going to fight a piece of software, have to turn my virus protection off, or go it alone.  There is clearly not much support from Reality XP.

such a shame! The system was working so well. 

Dan

2 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

There is clearly not much support from Reality XP.

Should you expect the following:

Q: it is not working because it does A and B

A: this is the first time we hear about this issue, and we don't know what factors in your system is causing this, but it is not a problem, download the following fix from this URL and you are good to go.

Well, in this case we won't meet your expectations.

Otherwise, the kind of problem you are reporting sounds like something system related. It could be a video card setting, a third party module/dll/gauge/plugin interfering, an antivirus, or even a virus you don't know yet about which could have infested your system.

Should this be widespread an issue, it would be easier to find out. Given you are the only one reporting such issue, it will take a little more time to evaluate probable causes prior suggesting some actions.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 6/22/2018 at 5:10 AM, Dan Jones said:

the system was working perfectly except that I need to update the database with more recent GPS points.

I missed this during my first read.  Did you make a backup of the original database?  Actually, exactly what did you do when you did this?  What database file did you replace? What was the source of the database you brought in as a replacement?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I went ahead and purchased another system and it worked perfectly right out of the box with my anti virus on.