Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

FSPS FFTF Dynamic?

Hi Guys,

I’ve been interested in this program from FSPS which apparently modifies automatically the FFTF so we can enjoy the best performance depending on the situation or the stage of flight.

But I wanted to ask the ones who already tried it, is it worth it? Does it adjusts the FFTF Automatically? I ask this because honestly Im no expert when it comes to tweaking. Is the performance improvement significant?

Thank you so much,

Best Regards

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

40 minutes ago, rafikihd said:

Hi Guys,

I’ve been interested in this program from FSPS which apparently modifies automatically the FFTF so we can enjoy the best performance depending on the situation or the stage of flight.

But I wanted to ask the ones who already tried it, is it worth it? Does it adjusts the FFTF Automatically? I ask this because honestly Im no expert when it comes to tweaking. Is the performance improvement significant?

Thank you so much,

Best Regards

Another witches brew sold for cash

Sensible and realistic settings are the key.  Everyone is trying to achieve the same performance nirvana - and if this was the silver bullet, everyone would be talking about it.  Very few are.  

I obviously don't use it,  so I know you weren't soliciting my commentary, but I've tried enough of these types of programs in the past to know they don't offer amazing results - on their own.

• Like 1

I used them on certain flights. If you are looking for it to get you some extra frames all the time, not the way to go. I prefer flying over tuning my sim all the time and thought this would be a good lazy way to optimize my system. It’s not, tune your system correctly instead. I keep my settings high and if I come into complicated scenery, will use them to give me some extra frames. Generally, I can get 5-10 extra FPS, enough for my sim to smooth out for the landing. I think there are two on the market. The one I use just has one slider bar. I only turn it on if I am flying to or from complicated payware scenery.

I've actually used it and been pretty happy with it.  Here's a big thread on it:

I have slight blurries on takeoff but they go away as I climb (my FFTF is set to .05 at 0 AGL so that explains why).  The rest of the flight is pretty smooth with decent texture loading, but photoreal still sucks.  Before I would try to run locked to get good texture loading but near heavy airports I wouldn't maintain my refresh rate so I'd get stutters.  I'd try unlimited in those areas which helped maintain smoothness at the expense of good texture loading.  I was having to switch back and forth but now I don't have to which is nice.  I probably paid too much when I got it since it was recently on sale for about 13 (not sure if it still is) but it seems to do the job.  If my system was better it wouldn't be necessary but with my medium strength build it seems to help.

edit to mention that I use locked at 24 FPS in sim and 0 4500 AGL in FFTF dynamic set between .05 and .4 FFTF value.

Edited by sfgiants13

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

It does do it all automatically, but you initially have to choose a few settings on sliders to narrow down what you want it to do, the manual doesn't do a brilliant job of explaining that to be honest, but with careful reading you can figure it out. It does add a few frames but personally I think the rival product, P3D Booster Live is better, because it does the same thing, but it has a better less confusing GUI.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I use it and am pretty happy with it. Still experimenting with the calibration points, but I immediately noticed improved smoothness (I run 24 fps, locked) in the sim.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I bought the license just few days ago.  Yeah, I do like it.  I am getting 24 fps with 5% MT6 AI in PMDG 737 VC in UK2000 EGLL.  Outside VC, fps jumps up.  I followed the testing method listed on the page (apparently it wasn't fully in the manual).  I had to dial some settings down as I am running 4K, but yes, I do get few FPS more when using this app.

My EGLL is installed on top of FTX ENG which is installed on top of Global+Vector.  So yes, I am getting slick frames on most aggressive airport.  Anywhere else, my FPS are flying like crazy at the airport...which is awesome.  This is not magic tool, it just gives little bit horsepower.

I tried with Affinitymask, and my blurries increase on my 4.4 ghz i7-5820K...so no affinitymask for me.

I am using the AGL method - .01 FFPS at airports and after .33 FFT above 5000 ft.  Looks good for me.

It is not a bad tool, and right now it is on sale at simmarket

Just read the documentation

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I use it but haven't noticed anything good or bad about it. My sim runs the same, with or without it to my perception.

What I mean is, quite possibly if I set up test measurements I could see a difference it something but in actual use - everything looks the same. So if you are looking to see a big difference, I don't think you will except in testing.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It certainly does something. But i doubt it does what is promised and one has to look for it.

Its pretty clear that it tries to lower the fiberframe time and its also clealy visible if one knows what to look for. Try using the AGL height method and change the value to 0.05 and look at mountainous terrain for the next 10 mins. And it should be clear that now the mesh gets less and less detailed, the terrain-textures gets less and less detailed as well as the elevation too.

BUT... and i think most ppl forget this, all this only happens if you had the sim running GOOD before, where everything is crisp and the whole elevation was really built before. This is the case for 15% of ppl probably because they set the sim already way too high before, or have a lower end system where it anyway never shows the full detail.

As most should know by now, P3D is not parallel and static in regards to detail of scenery / fps. You can set the options/sliders right as much as you want, if you dont have a system that calculates this then you will never see it. Unlike other "games" or Sims where it is static and everything raised in detail directly hits the fps.

So in short: If you have a good system and set the sim in a way where it looks amazingly crisp, very detailed mesh etc and now turn on the tool to set a lower fiberframe time you should start to see less and less detail as youre used to. The sad thing is that it in no way gives you the performance back to you lost in visuals. People expect too much here and i think the tools promises too much also.

But many forget that its not only the detailed terrain that is causing low fps. Its shadows, texture-size, post-processing, many objects in autogen and these things that do it most of the time. And this tool does not magically fix this fact.

From reading the description it sounds as if one only gets 20 fps before and now is using the tool he could get like 30 or 40. This wont happen. In fact it givers very little in my tests. It does something, yes. But not enough to justify the loss of visuals. And it only gives you an improvment when the terrain was the reason for stutters/low fps. Of course.

Now i have a question too: why is that 32 page post deleted? 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/533557-fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv4-released/

PS: i the manual is noted that if one is starting P3d in admin mode this tool has to be started in admin mode too, and vice versa, Otherwise SimConnect cannot communicate.

Edited by SaenchaySor
  • Like 1

BetaTeamB.png

This blog needs to be in the manual.

They explain on what needs to be done first

https://www.fspsstore.com/blog/news/fftf-dynamic-p3dv4

And

Excecution scenario's

Prepar3D execution as user - FFTF execution as user -> Simconnect communicates
Prepar3D execution as user - FFTF execution as admin -> Simconnect communicates
Prepar3D execution as admin - FFTF execution as admin -> Simconnect communicates
Prepar3D execution as admin - FFTF execution as user -> Simconnect can not communicate.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'm not sure what happened to the original topic but has anyone heard on when this utility might be updated?  Once it is I'll be very happy with 4.3

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 6/28/2018 at 6:19 AM, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Hi,

Product updated to version 1.3 for P3D V4.3 compatibility

Achilles

Any timeframe for the FFTF Dynamic update to P3D v4.4?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2