Sign in to follow this  
F22Simpilot

Weather radar

I want to buy the 737NGX soon and could have sworn Active Sky 2016 was able to be used for the weather radar. But now I read at the website Active Sky Next is required. Will Active Sky 2016 work for the weather radar?  I have Active Sky cloud art. If I have to buy next will Active Sky cloud art still work?  

29 minutes ago, F22Simpilot said:

I want to buy the 737NGX soon and could have sworn Active Sky 2016 was able to be used for the weather radar. But now I read at the website Active Sky Next is required. Will Active Sky 2016 work for the weather radar?  I have Active Sky cloud art. If I have to buy next will Active Sky cloud art still work?  

Next is a minimum requirement. 2016, being released after Next, is compatible.

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Note Active Sky 2016 for P3D is not compatible with P3Dv4. You might look into upgrading to ASP4 for P3Dv4. I purchased ASP4 for P3Dv4 and my weather radar work just as expected.  I see this statement on their site...

"If you own an ASP4 license, you can use the same license for AS16 for P3D , and vice versa" 

Note the vice versa bit which I believe emends if you own AS16 then you can simply remove AS16, install ASP4, enter your license and you are off to the races. I might bounce that directly off support before going for it 🙂

Support link here http://support.hifitechinc.com

Rob Pomon

Intel I7- 7820X, Dual GTX 1080Ti, EVGA x299 Dark, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance, EVGA DG-87 Case, EVGA CLC 280, 1TB Samsung 970 Pro PCIe NVMe, EVGA Super Nova1600 T2+ titanium, P3D v4.3, PMDG 737NGX, Win 10 x64