Sign in to follow this  
exstense

(start) learning the 744 or 777 before 748

51 minutes ago, kevinh said:

APFD digital displays from Panel Options.

You mean: MENU -> PMDG SETUP -> OPTIONS?

And what do I select after that??

21 hours ago, exstense said:

You mean: MENU -> PMDG SETUP -> OPTIONS?

And what do I select after that??

I wasn’t trying to reproduce the entire menu tree. I figured people with 747v3 would know where to start.  

The exact location can be found in the Introduction Manual. It’s searchable so you can easily find “Panel Options”.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, exstense said:

Will there be a FCOM for the 747-8? Or will it be a difference-list?

As there is one in real life that may be a sound assumption.

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

(Duplicate)

Edited by 1290SASRider

David Rosenblum

Atlas Air Boeing 767 Captain; previously a Boeing 747-400/-8 First Officer

Jetline Gravity GTX | Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard | i7 8700K overclocked to 5 GHz | 32GB 3 GHz Corsair DDR4 SDRAM | 11GB GTX 1080 Ti | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 SSD | 2TB WD Black 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Dual Stage Liquid Cooling | 3 Dell S2716DG G-Sync monitors on Jestik Arc stand | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Throttles and Pedals

On 8/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, kevinh said:

I wasn’t trying to reproduce the entire menu tree. I figured people with 747v3 would know where to start.  

Yes, you are right. I gave a sloppy response. 🤕

But thanks for helping me.

Will the -8 upgrade package also upgrade features on the -400 as well? A lot of 747-400s now use an upgraded FMC that more closely resembles the -8's FMC.

4 hours ago, M_Sauce said:

Will the -8 upgrade package also upgrade features on the -400 as well? A lot of 747-400s now use an upgraded FMC that more closely resembles the -8's FMC.

There will be changes to the -400 but not in the way of new features such as an updated FMC.  Most changes are internal in that the -400 and -8 share dll modules.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

The hand-flying between these two options - the 777 and the 744 - is night and day.  Hand-flying the 744 IS A DREAM!  I hope upon hope that the 748's hand-flying characteristics will be derived from the 744.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

7 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

The hand-flying between these two options - the 777 and the 744 - is night and day.  Hand-flying the 744 IS A DREAM!  I hope upon hope that the 748's hand-flying characteristics will be derived from the 744.

The first big surprise I had beta testing the -8 was how nice she is to fly.  I really really like hand flying her.

Dan Downs KCRP